• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone obsessed with Calvin and Hobbes?

Heh. I used to read that comic back in the day. Then, recently, they started a new meme on FB of Calvin as the Doctor and Hobbes as Captain Jack (Harkness, not Sparrow). I was like *_*. . . C&H just became a classic in my eyes.

I love it. To me, it's the only comic that still remains funny. Hobbes is awesome

Just showing proof that most comic strip creators hang on too long.

Are you strictly talking about syndicated strips, or have you tried webcomics? Most syndicated strips are quite mild because their average reader is, like, thrice your age, and they don't want to come within 100 miles of being offensive; Bill Watterson didn't have as much fear (and strip readers were younger at that time).

Without knowing your humour tastes, I can't really suggest anything that would work for you, but it probably exists somewhere on the web.

Personally, as far as Sunday-Comics go, I was always partial to Dilbert for some reason.

My mom really loved Calvin and Hobbes though, so I'd flip through those books every now and then.

I was way into this comic when I was younger (elementary school) and I even clipped a copy of the very last comic that I kept for many years but which is, unfortunately, lost now. I have several of the books, as well. I started re-reading them a few months ago, after many years, and it seems incredible that such a comic was able to survive in the otherwise bland world of syndicated newspaper strips for as long as it did. I am glad Watterson decided to quit when he did, for the reasons he did.

I love Calvin and Hobbes.

Well, I am glad Watterson's comics are classics. They provide witty remarks for boring days, pre-Internet. :D

can't go wrong with Calvin & Hobbes! Just not possible!! And as for getting enough.. HA! It's like eating a pistachio! you can't eat just one!

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed about the comic, but when I was a kid I had a couple books of C & H comics and I really enjoyed them.

Wow, I'm glad I found this thread, looks like I'm not alone!
I came across my first Calvin and Hobbes book at a psychiatry office and since then have forever loved the comic series. I quickly developed an obsession for the comic series and had almost every comic strip memorized, if not all of them. I currently have a collection of all the comics that have ever been printing and I will be looking at purchasing a collectors edition of them in the near future :)

There was even a Adult(not A rated) version, where Calvin grows up and Hobbes becomes friends with his daughter.

Calvin and Hobbes are the greatest comic strip ever made! I have a collection of the books and I even made my own plush dolls of Calvin and Hobbes.
20190412_135717 (1).jpg
20190422_143629 (1).jpg
20190504_160532 (1).jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom