• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone install Firefox 4.0 yet?

. . .

V.I.P Member
Anyone install Firefox 4.0 yet?

about-mozilla-firefox-2.png

I installed it a couple days ago and I'm liking it a lot so far. Unfortunately, I had to remove all my customizations from Firefox 3.6 and re-customize everything including having to re-download all my addons and having to live without some great addons I used to use in Firefox 3.6 . . . but the switch was worthwhile. It took me nearly 3 hours to re-customize everything since I use over 30 addons and apply lots of tweaks to about:config whenever I update my browser.

I really like the speed and behavior of FF 4.0. I know - some people will probably post to this thread saying that Chrome is better, and I know that it does beat Firefox in many benchmark tests and is overall faster than Firefox, but I still much prefer Firefox' addons and behavior to Chrome's.

If you haven't downloaded Firefox 4.0 yet, you can download it here.

Yep, I installed it yesterday. I do like it, especially that it uses more of the vertical stretch of my screen for display. And it is speedy. I'm not so tech-savvy as to make use of the variety of features which are available. But now I am curious - what kinds of addons do you use?

But now I am curious - what kinds of addons do you use?

These are the addons I used with Firefox 3.6. You should find something of use there, but please note that a few of those extensions aren't compatible with Firefox 4.0 yet.

I have the new firefox so far and as far as I know, I'm not too impressed with it so far since pages on there load slow but then again, my whole internet in general has been slow lately so I can't really say too much about it.

Although it does feel much easier in some ways and in some it doesn't.

It doesn't freeze on start up anymore. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom