• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone Here Into The Paranormal?

liverbird1980

I have been obsessed with ghosts since I was about 8. I was with a classmate and went into the big girls toilets (dont laugh lol) and we both saw (she saw her first) an old teacher of a woman dressed in blue, walking and reading this big brown book and wore red lip stick. We didnt know the school was haunted at the time. I have seen other spirits since then and my grandma after death visit.

As a Christian, I believe in the presence of spirits, but I think their angels and not ghosts. Just my opinion though.

I have had many paranormal experiences, yes. However, I don't follow it as an interest. My theory is that ghosts may well be a bit like radio waves so that what you see is like a reflection of someone bouncing back, maybe through time. I have seen a ghost once in my life and it was in broad daylight (I say "ghost" because I don't yet have any rational explanation. Basically I was on security duty and at work and the steel works where I was based was totally closed for holidays. So, nobody was there. It was daytime and I was walking round the area and then as I turned a corner I saw a guy in overalls and he was standing outside the canteen. He seemed to have his hands on his hips and was looking at the canteen as if curious or remembering the building. I immediately called my Base on radio and said there was someone on site and that I thought the place was shut to workers and the reply came that, yes, nobody should be there at all. All the time I was talking I was walking towards the canteen and as I turned a bend, I lost sight of the doorway for a few seconds where the guy was. Then, when I saw the doorway again there was nobody there. I called Base again to state I was going to look for the guy and if there was a car parked and so on. This is the weird bit: No sign of the guy anywhere! No car! More astounding the gate was locked. If someone had been there he'd have had to get to the gate and unlock it to leave and then leave before I'd got to the canteen (which is physically impossible).
I don't believe ghosts are dead people but I have suspected we can sometimes see like reflections from the past. We can switch on TV and actually see, say, Winston Churchill so why not with the brain under unusual atmospheric conditions - a bit like picking up visual radio waves?

I have been obsessed with ghosts since I was about 8. I was with a classmate and went into the big girls toilets (dont laugh lol) and we both saw (she saw her first) an old teacher of a woman dressed in blue, walking and reading this big brown book and wore red lip stick. We didnt know the school was haunted at the time. I have seen other spirits since then and my grandma after death visit.

I strongly believe that there is far more to reality than humankind knows at the moment. Maybe at some point in the not so distant future there might be amazing discoveries made about life, human existence and conciousness which could be mindblowing.

Sometimes the CCTV cameras can pick up apparitions. I myself encountered a "maybe" situation. I was doing night duty during my active army days (mandatory for Singaporean male) and saw what looked like a transparent shadow of a person standing out in the rain where the camera was facing but the bottom looked like legs but the resolution of the screen wasn't very clear and it merged with the wet pavement but there was a distinct shape of the shoulders and overall figure of a person but it disappeared when the lighting in that area shut off so maybe it was a reflection because of the light on the wet pavement or maybe it was something else.

I beleive in God and Jesus and heaven and angles but I don't like "labels". I don't like to label myself to a releigion and I don't beleive it matters if u call something a "ghost", "angle", "spirit", or something else. It is a spiritual being without an earthley body. And yea I beleive 100%.

Absolutely not. Not only does the whole concept violate practically every physical law currently known, there's also no verifiable evidence to substantiate any claims of encounters with paranormal events.

Also, if you take Relativity (either SR or GR) to be true, then you're kinda out of luck if you want to bring the argument that "perhaps physical law varies, and there's somewhere in the universe where it could exist." Why? Because one of the core postulates of Relativity (GR, that is) is that "physical laws are invariant in all frames of reference, whether inertial or accelerated". That's "all", people, not "some". I'd much rather stake any faith I had on a physical theory that's been confirmed over and over and over again without so much as a blip than grasping at straws at trying to substantiate conjectures that can never be confirmed, and that violate that which can, and has been substantiated.

/rant

Who knew people could get so worked up about a few ghosties? Scooby Doo has been disproving ghosts for years by the way ; ]

I believe that the mind is capable of manifesting something out of nothing, hence magicians making a packet.
It is used to things being a certain way and under deviating circumstances can be led into thinking things are not as they appear, Houdini had a past time of debunking mysticism and that ilk and I am with him on this, but again, as with religion, some people need to believe and who am I to get angry with them for being different to myself.

People who are not me will believe things I do not and that is as it should be, doesn’t make them wrong!

Argueing that there is or isn't a "spirat world" is like arguing religion.... NO Point. U just have to beleive what u beleive for your own reasons and accept that others beleive what they beleive for their reasons. I myself Have No Doubt whatsoever.

Who knew people could get so worked up about a few ghosties? Scooby Doo has been disproving ghosts for years by the way ; ]

I believe that the mind is capable of manifesting something out of nothing, hence magicians making a packet.
It is used to things being a certain way and under deviating circumstances can be led into thinking things are not as they appear, Houdini had a past time of debunking mysticism and that ilk and I am with him on this, but again, as with religion, some people need to believe and who am I to get angry with them for being different to myself.

People who are not me will believe things I do not and that is as it should be, doesn’t make them wrong!

Note: This is just a general comment, inspired by your post.

Frankly, I don't get angry with other people about what they believe. I believe very strongly in self-determination. But I also believe in my own right, responsibility even, to make it absolutely certain why I can never join in with them. Just exactly how fair do you think it is for people on my end of the belief spectrum to catch, well. . . hell for even daring to say that we don't believe in that kind of stuff and being very specific with the whys? When people on the other end of the spectrum pretty much have free rein? And then those people wonder why we're so angry-sounding. . .

Don't you just love human nature?

yeah I didnt mean for anyone to argue with my post, sorry its taken me so long to reply been busy with christmas n new year.

I think u have to see things to believe it it, I know I would be the same way if I didnt see any ghosts or whatever u prefer to call them

My belief...is complicated. first i believe that there is no absolute "correct" or "real" anything, just that some things are more correct or real than others. I also think that by believing in something that alone makes it more real if only to you and allows it to affect your life more. I can't say I've ever seen spirits but many of my friends have and I believe that they beileve. I do however have strange dream sometimes when i describe them to my friend the characters match descriptions of different kinds of spirits that I was unaware of (alot of my friends are wiccan, pagan, etc.) and claim that this is me astrally projecting (something my grandmother also claimed to do sometimes though she didnt know the word for it). at times I belief in spirits like you believe in ghosts stories, you "know" they're not real but you can;t help thinking or feeling that they are. I definitlly won't say I don't believe in spirits

I saw a shadow ghost when I was living in the dorms at college a few back. It was well known that that particular dorm had a history of witchcraft, and a couple of girls hanged themselves in this one room, so...yeah...weird things happened in that dorm. I wasn't the only one who had experiences with the paranormal.

Needless to say, yes, I am into the paranormal.

My belief...is complicated. first i believe that there is no absolute "correct" or "real" anything, just that some things are more correct or real than others. I also think that by believing in something that alone makes it more real if only to you and allows it to affect your life more. I can't say I've ever seen spirits but many of my friends have and I believe that they beileve. I do however have strange dream sometimes when i describe them to my friend the characters match descriptions of different kinds of spirits that I was unaware of (alot of my friends are wiccan, pagan, etc.) and claim that this is me astrally projecting (something my grandmother also claimed to do sometimes though she didnt know the word for it). at times I belief in spirits like you believe in ghosts stories, you "know" they're not real but you can;t help thinking or feeling that they are. I definitlly won't say I don't believe in spirits

What dose astrelly progecting meen?

What dose astrelly progecting meen?

It means that your soul leaves your body and crosses into the spirit world. You can then visit with other spirits or see things you wouldn't normal be able to see. It is incredibly dangerous as a malicious spirit could take over your body. I have done this a couple times but came out ok. I was able to contact other spirits and I was able to find some closure when an important spirit to me passed over. But it is something I would advise against.

I used to be a practising wiccan. I am very well versed in a number of things to do with what you would call witch craft (though to be honest that is a very negative term for something that is extremely peaceful and harmonic at its core). I still practice some things and keep in regular contact with my spirit animal. A friend of mine who was a powerful witch in her own right when she lived on this planet once told me my soul was very ancient, it was of the earth and that I was probably a shaman in a remote past life. We believed that we had lived a number of lives but I'm not getting into how we knew because that was something very special to us.

Studying mythologies and ancient histories is also a pass time of mine :)

It means that your soul leaves your body and crosses into the spirit world. You can then visit with other spirits or see things you wouldn't normal be able to see. It is incredibly dangerous as a malicious spirit could take over your body. I have done this a couple times but came out ok. I was able to contact other spirits and I was able to find some closure when an important spirit to me passed over. But it is something I would advise against.

I used to be a practising wiccan. I am very well versed in a number of things to do with what you would call witch craft (though to be honest that is a very negative term for something that is extremely peaceful and harmonic at its core). I still practice some things and keep in regular contact with my spirit animal. A friend of mine who was a powerful witch in her own right when she lived on this planet once told me my soul was very ancient, it was of the earth and that I was probably a shaman in a remote past life. We believed that we had lived a number of lives but I'm not getting into how we knew because that was something very special to us.

Studying mythologies and ancient histories is also a pass time of mine :)

I don't know what a Shamon is? I don't know anything about wicca other than the fact that it's not evil and wicked as a lot of people misunderstand it to be. I was asking about astrelly progecting becouse from the context in which you used it I was thinking that's what you were talking about. I have never heard those words but I do it a lot. I never knew it was dangerous although I have seen some scarry situations. I have been to many not scarry situations too. One thime that was one of the scarriest and mabey is what you are talking about. I was in an open field, nothing around but a bare tree and a dark grey cloudy sky. Some strong force was pulling me into the clouds like a storme. Another strong force was pulling me away from the force that was pulling me into the dark clouds. It was a strong tug of war pulling me back and fort and the aair around was violent like a storme. At one point I was almost sucked into the cloud and the other force pulled hard and yanked me back out. Shortley after that fI was at peace and felt that I was in my bed but I couldn't move or speake. I then heard footsteps come into my room (as I often do after My pirit leaves my body when I am asleep). At one point I heard that these steps I hear is myself comeing back to return to my body.

I also beleive Dragon that I (personally) have had many lives. I have gotten a breif veiw of a few of them. I used a hypnosis session on CD that incduced past lives progression. I don't study a particular beleife or group. I just intuitivley understand what I understand from the passt experiences I have had, from things I have seen and seen other people experience and from whatever understanding of these experiences I have picked up along the way..

Wicca is basically modern paganism. Paganism is used to describe the religions that existed before modern religions like Christianity. Its a pretty general umbrella term. This is because you could include greek and roman religions in this title as well as viking, celtic and so on. Basically it is what most people would call witch craft though witch craft usually implies that a lot of negative things with it. Wicca and paganism is actually spiritual pacifist religions with the central theme being do what you will but what ever you do comes back to you three times three. Basically karma ... if you are evil you will get evil returned to you but nine times stronger and if you are good you should get good returned to you nine times over.

Shamanism is different again. It usually involves drums (and in a lot of cultures drugs) to reach a meditative state. While in this state you can channel spirits, usually animal ones, to achieve things in the real world. That's the very simplistic version. There is volumes of information on the internet about this and wicca.

These things though are very personal journeys and its about channelling the right energy for you. Usually the universe will tell you the right energy to channel when you start practising and you find what works for you. So while I don't practice in the true sense any more I keep in touch with the spiritual world.

The interaction you describe above could have been a spiritual tug of war between spirits for your soul but I don't think it was astral projection. You may just be very attuned to the spirit world without really understanding it. Though I would probably say you should be grateful that the spirits on the ground won and not the ones in the clouds.

I don't really like to talk too much about my experiences in astral projection. Its very personal. But usually there is a world that is personal to me. I explore this world and hope that a spirit wishes to talk with me. I have met the same spirit twice this way. The first time I overwhelmed her with emotion and she bolted. The second time she just followed me around but I couldn't turn around and look at her. I wasn't allowed to. She was there and I knew it. She has visited me and sat on my shoulder for a couple days. I believe that she has now been reborn as one of my pets (I think my cat because we are very closely bonded).

Is there a way to turn off astral projection? I dont neccesarily want to and I'm not even sure I'm doing it, it could just be dreams. but there is evidence that I am and there have been a few times when something has tried to take me or take something from me. again I'm not sure I actually am meeting spirits because while they meet archtypes and behavior of paticular spirits they don't always look the way my friends say they should look. they tend to be really human looking or....stylized i guess would be a good word.

New Threads

Top Bottom