• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone have or know about Borderline Personality Disorder?

Undiagnosed

I beleive I have Borderline Personality Disorder. I'v never been diagnosed with it. I'm just wondering if anyone here has it or is close to somehon who has it?

MAN O MAN! I do know about this one. I think that many women who truly are Aspies get misdiagnosed as being BPD. From the way you write here, though, you don't strike me as a Borderline. You seem too sensible, caring towards others, non-judgemental & logical. All the advice you gave Freckles & the way you handled that fiasco with your own son & that girl reflect the sensible thinking of an Aspie. I know this is not a professional diagnostic opinion & there are many things about yourself & your life of which we are not aware, but you seem to be more like an Aspie.

There have been some people who've passed through here who struck me as possible BPD cases: friendly & regular at first & suddenly BOOM they turn against others for innocuous reasons & flip out making accusations. Then, they return again in friend mode...that lasts a few days...& they're back to getting needlessly offended & enraged.

Please seek an evaluation when you can from someone who has experience & training in diagnosing Asperger's in adult women: not just an ordinary shrink. Autism societies etc. can often point you in the right direction.

I definetley do beleive I'm Aspie, but mabey borderline too. I do plan to seek a professional evaluation. Right now I'm waiting for my son's results to get that one done and them work on mine.

So do u know someone with Borderline?

I am pretty irational and spuratic in relationships with men. And I have calmed down quite a bit as I'v grown older. But I kinda want this sorted out becouse I still have a single life ahead of me which means a possable future relationship. And I have NEVER stayed with a man yet. I am getting to old for the roller coster ride.

I've known a few diagnosed borderlines. they are more difficult than full-blown schizophrenics. There's a book called Aspergirls written by for & about female Aspies. the syndrome can manifest very differently in women (like so many other conditions) whick can lead to getting missed altogether & getting inaccurate diagnoses since most of the research has been performed on young white males (if you're a Native American female, it will be hard for a shrink to separate what are cultural/ethnic traits from what is an Aspie trait).

One thing that is often typical with Aspie women, according to this book (backed by research-not just an author's opinion) is the tendency for troubling relationships with men. Many women here are kind of hot/cold in that regard. Either they have had a string of very bad relationships or none at all. A few of us got lucky. In my case, it was sheer dumb luck & nothing special I knew about or did. It really was a fluke. Maybe, too, NOT staying with these men was a sign of some Aspie common sense kicking in: if they were bad for you & bad relationship material, getting out was a smart thing & not a failure. Remaining in a bad situation can look like a 'stable relationship' from the outside, but it is often a disaster for those in the relationship.

There are many really great single guys here looking for a nice Aspie woman they can get along with...I'm just sayin'...

I am diagnosed as having BPD traits. That means I don't have every aspect of the disorder. I am not and never was promiscuous. I don't tend to love a person and hate them the next. However, I used to self-injure a lot and kind of badly. I used to have a lot of suicidal idealation. I also am prone to extreme rage that doesn't last long, kind of like a tornado. I can be wreck-less, but I blame that part on the bipolar, because it only happens when I am manic. I DO have identity issues and have been known to dissociate, I also feel empty a lot. My psychiatrist also say I am and will most likely outgrow most of my BPD, because I am in recovery and becoming more and more stable as I grow older and heal. My BPD traits are caused both by abuse in childhood AND I think my grandmother who is now deceased had BPD. Mental illness is a huge issue on my father's side. My father is a fully functioning man with a job, but does have some of the issue I have but mild, I also think Asperger's as well. His father was a social path (Anti-social personality disorder) as well as Bipolar (back the it was called Manic-Depression however). In turn, I think a lot of my BPD can be blamed on Bipolar disorder, but I think it is very had to Dx both, just like, say; ADHD and bipolar. :)

I think I have had it all along and didn't know what it was. I think I am recovering/outgrowing a lot of the problems too. I HAVE always went from falling quickley madley in love then can't even stand the person and don't know why. I have been in relationship after relationship that almost always follows that pattern. I am to the point now where I really want a relationship but but just to think about starting over ONE More Time almost turns my stomack. I have had rage at times outwardley, but a lot of it has abeen turned inward. I have read about 'acting in' borderlines, as apposed to 'acting out' and I beleive that's me. I also have 'black and white' thinking that I read about BDP's haveing. I have had issues around abandonment and rejection that When I look back now my actions have been very strange and irratinal. I beleive all this goes way back for me. I was actually abandoned/rejected before I was ever even born. My Mom was a young teen in high school and had broken up with her bf that was my biological father. She wanted Nothing to do with being pregnant. She was in love with her then bf and the baby inside her (me) ruined her high school / teen life that she was haveing much fun with. When her Dad took her to tell the parents of my bio father he hid. He was only 15. He didn't want me either. I am 44 now and have only breafley seen him one time in my life and he still dosn't want anyting to do with me. Then when I was 14 mons. old my Mom had my two twin sisters with the bf she had when she was pregnant with me. He bacame my Dad. My Mom and Dad were both in high school and were married with three babies. I can only imagion that me being 14 months old with two teen parents and two newborns what it was like. I can't remember that young, but by the time I was five (my earliest memories), I was already sad and empty and harldley ever talked. When I talked to a therapist about BDP she at first said she dosn't see it in me and then later on just avoided answering me about that diagnoses.

New Threads

Top Bottom