• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else suffers from depression?

Do you suffer from non-situational depression?

• I suffer from mania depression

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Major depression, but no mania episodes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Mild long-lasting depression, non-situational

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Can get depressed easily, but it's situational-based.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Don't get depressed unless having a good reason

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

alien girl

And when did it start? I started feeling depressed when at age nine. Even before that, I felt sad often, especially in the evenings, with no apparent reason, and wanting something desperately without knowing what it is. But at age nine, I lost interest in things I used to love, animals and nature. I still love them, but that feeling of happiness at being around animals or seeing trees swaying is gone, and I felt empty and bored and not wanting to do anything. It lasted throughout my life.

Wanted to know if it's connected to autism. My father is a bit the same way, always has been, and I know it's genetic. He's also an aspie.

Anyone else has personal experience with that?

I experience depression from time to time. It comes on without warning and leaves just as quickly. Over the years I have learned to live with it until it passes, as I didn't care for the medication they tried to put me on almost thirty years ago. One thing I will also add is that depression is real, so I really hate it when people say, "Snap out of it." Really? How does one just snap out of it? How do you turn it off? I'm certain all of us here that suffers from it in one form or another would like to know what the magic formula is for that.

It ebbs and flows. It never goes "off". Sometimes it's triggered by an unfortunate event and sometimes it just comes all on its own. Would winning the lottery change it all? Not at all. o_O

This is what it "sounds" like for me:

Last edited:
Damn, Judge , that music just speaks right to my soul. I don't usually listen to stuff like that for some reason; it's perfect.

I always thought this artist illustrates chronic mild depression perfectly. It's a shame she was only active for a few years.

Yeah, comes and goes.

I hate the autumn /winter. I'm certain I get SAD and really should get one of those light boxes.

Had quite a few episodes of major reactive depression (stress, break up and divorce, unemployment etc). but many times have a general sense of sadness. when looking at humanity, the world, poverty, hunger, war and conflict, animal cruelty. sometimes it overwhelms me

I don't get depressed, I used to back when I was on the Dole, being forced to look for work 24/7, going for pointless interviews to be told to go away would be soul destroying for an NT, so imagine how I felt! So I did something about it, after the last interview went South, I went to the Job Centre in the mood from hell, and told some jobsworth to her face to kiss my ass and I was coming OFF the Dole, effective immediately.

I also stopped watching East Enders! :D (Most depressing UK Soap ever)

Yeah, I get very depressed. The last year in particular. I had a breakdown in February 2015 which resulted in my being seen to by Early Intervention in Psychosis Service. I take neuroleptics now which double up as a mood stabiliser and that just about hold off the depression. I often think about killing myself, I don't know if I would ever have the willpower to do it though.

Basically my thoughts with depression revolve around the idea that I'm useless and helpless. No one would employ me and I couldn't live on my own. I'm 25, most people my age would be out living life to the max, getting married, having kids, and I'm just here struggling to find purpose in my life. Yeah, not fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom