• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo?

jbalka

Not entirely sure if this is the right place to put this....

In the last few months, I've gotten back into fiction writing in a big way. I finished a (bad) first draft of a fantasy novel at the end of October, and now that it's November, I've been working on NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month-- writing 50K words by Nov. 30!). It's another fantasy novel that takes place in the same world as the other one. It's definitely taking up a lot of my time, and it's pretty draining, especially after only just finishing one big project.

Anyways, anyone else participating? What are you writing about? How far are you? I think I'll be at 30K by the end of today!

I have always wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo. But I have never been able to write that much. Is it hard? How do you like it so far?

I've been doing around 2000+ words a day and it definitely takes discipline... I don't currently have a day job so that makes it easier, too. I know that if I fall even one day behind, I'll have a ton of catching up to do, and that keeps me motivated. I've always wanted to take part (I've always had school and finals until the past couple of years) and I do like the community aspect even if I don't participate much on the forums.

Ah, I see. Seems like a lot of work. Maybe once I get better at writing consistently, I can do it.

Oh, I also forgot to add- a lot of people make a more attainable goal for Nanowrimo, so don't let the 50K stop you! I've seen people on the forums go for 20K, 10K, and smaller numbers. It's all very self-led. You should still definitely try for it!

Oh, I also forgot to add- a lot of people make a more attainable goal for Nanowrimo, so don't let the 50K stop you! I've seen people on the forums go for 20K, 10K, and smaller numbers. It's all very self-led. You should still definitely try for it!
I decided to try it, I managed to write a short synopsis. I just need to start writing the actual story now. I already registered for a account at NaNoWriMo.

I decided to try it, I managed to write a short synopsis. I just need to start writing the actual story now. I already registered for a account at NaNoWriMo.

Cool! I'm glad you decided to try it. My name is solocricket on NaNoWriMo if you want to add me on there. I mostly lurk on the forums, but they seem quite friendly.

Cool! I'm glad you decided to try it. My name is solocricket on NaNoWriMo if you want to add me on there. I mostly lurk on the forums, but they seem quite friendly.
Sure I'll add you on there. Glad I found your thread. Because joining NaNoWriMo brought my passion and inspiration back for writing.

New Threads

Top Bottom