• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone done Linux from Scratch?

nowwhat

I'm just done compiling all the cross tools and basic system with seemingly no problems so far. Going on to try to get system bootable. Lots of work, but you learn heaps. Gentoo is my main OS, but always wanted to learn more, so LFS it is.

Wonderful, isn't it? This install is years old and no cruft, bloat or virii. Windows is incredibly inefficient by comparison, and rather annoying to use, though I must at times.

Ready to compile the kernel, which I have always loved doing, for some reason. No glitches, so far (none that have revealed themselves, anyway). Farther than I got last time, at least, when compile errors wore me out and caused me to set it down for a few months.

I've sort of thought about it, but I honestly don't see the point as I am not a developer. I use Debian as my OS.

I've sort of thought about it, but I honestly don't see the point as I am not a developer. I use Debian as my OS.

The point? Getting under the hood. Learning more gives me more control over the computer I use every day, and makes me more able to fix problems quickly, not that I have many in linux.

Many times. For someone new wants to experiment and they have a decent amount of of Ram, I would installed VirutalBox and install Linux as a Virtual Machine.

New Threads

Top Bottom