• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anybody else here enjoy power napping?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Just half an hour in a mid afternoon after work makes the rest of the day go more beautifully for me. Power naps are awesome and should be recommended to more people in the world. Especially great after a long walk or some intense cardio working out.

Anybody else here love the feeling after waking up from a power nap?

I'm always jealous of people who can power nap. It takes me just as long to fall asleep and then I wake up more tired than before. Pointless.

Last edited:
Mostly I can't power nap, although I can often wake for a while at night then sleep again. I know someone else who can power nap, between work and the evening, but for me, I wouldn't wake until about 1am probably. Then be awake a few hours, then sleep again. It's great that you can do this.

I nap a lot now that I'm old. Anytime my eyelids get heavy, it's earplugs in and a soft black sock over the eyes.

Are you kidding? I love power napping!
Just half an hour in a mid afternoon after work makes the rest of the day go more beautifully for me. Power naps are awesome and should be recommended to more people in the world. Especially great after a long walk or some intense cardio working out.

Are you kidding? I love power napping!

I would greatly benefit from a power nap, but can never fall asleep. It takes me ages to fall asleep.

I used to take the occasional nap on the couch when I had young children because they would wake me after a short time and it was great to drift off.

Now that they are grown I do not b/c 1. I have a hard time falling asleep and 2. I tend to get sleep paralysis which I find frightening.

Power naps feel really good but I find that they also prevent me from going to sleep at a reasonable time. I end up staying up late and then need to sleep in late to compensate. Unless I am really tired I try to avoid them.

Used to be I couldn't nap at all. I just fell asleep and woke up hours later. I started doing naps when I was working a job with a long commute and I couldn't get enough sleep at night. Only worked as long as I had an hour's lunch. Otherwise, I woke up more tired than when I closed my eyes..

If I wanted a 30-minute nap, I would have to set a timer for at least an hour to give myself a half hour to fall asleep. I've only done it when I've been sleep-deprived for some reason.

New Threads

Top Bottom