• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any writers here?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
Ever since I was 7 I've liked writing things. Particularly fiction writing. I'm trying to write literature at the moment but recently I discovered another form of fiction writing I found enjoyable.

So my friend Crow is trying to write a webcomic and he was having some trouble writing the script. I wanted to help him and so I decided to help with the comic a bit by creating my own drafts of the script for him.

And oddly enough, I was actually enjoying myself doing it. Writing comic scripts is really fun.

My main influences are NisiOisiN, Nasu Kinoko, and Araki Hirohiko.

How about you?

Last edited:
I started writing when I was eight, became obsessed with it when I was fourteen, stopped due to various issues when I was 21, started again when I was 24 and continued sporadically until now, at 26.

I started out, when I was eight, writing stories about dragons, wars, pumpkins, elves, wizards, etc. At 14, I started writing about child abuse which grew increasingly horrific until I was 16. Then I started writing my life story and rewriting it, adding the recent years about every two years until I was 24.

I've also written a lot of allegorical short stories in which everything is symbolic of some sort of mental health struggle, and I've written maybe a dozen poems but those are rare because I'm bad at them.

Susanna Kaysen, Sandra Cisneros, Gregory Maguire, and Margaret Atwood represent the way I would like to write.

I used to write short stories in English at school, in fact my old teacher, who was American, used to love them, she always used to say she'd see me pen my first novel one day.

I really enjoy writing. I used to make little illustrated books and comics when I was about 5 or so, then had a fairly long break until I wrote some short stories when I was 17. After that, I worked up to novel-length pieces and have continued on since then (with quite a few breaks for things like university). I love writing itself, but also reading about the technical side and studying novels I'm reading to see how they're put together.

I enjoy writing random jokes or opinions in a Word document and then adding color and different styles to them. I also am writing this fictional biography that is based on some of the things that have happened to me in my lifetime. I have written almost 200 pages in this book. I plan to get it up to 500 pages before finishing it.

I write short stories, quotes, novellas, and novels, but I don't share any of them, because I fear plagiarism and I'd be tempted to attack someone who would try to edit my work.

I believe massively in freedom of speech, and shoehorning my work into any sort of format or framework would infuriate me. If my name's on it, I wrote every word. No exceptions. Like it or dislike it, if you wish, but I am the one who will make changes; not some filthy, slandering editor besmirching it, with dirty hands.

I don't need fame; authenticity saved me from suicide, and it is my gilded core that I will ardently protect. My work. My way. My generosity comes in other ways. I will: donate blood, donate to charities, help others who ask for help, and compliment people, but I write however I want; no one can falsify my work. If someone ever found something I wrote, told me to change something about it, I'd give them the middle finger. I have chosen to remain alive, on an empowering journey of authenticity. Freedom of speech. That's confidence; that's character. The page is the one place where I have 100% freedom; nothing less counts! To continue this bohemian endeavor, I put down the knives.

Phew; that was quite a vent. Anyway, I write, just privately. It's fun.

New Threads

Top Bottom