• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any resources for this?

CMZ

On the verge of a shutdown/suicidal ideation. I could call a suicide hotline but I don't know if they would get that there is also an ASD shutdown going on and I am not sure that any other resource would get it. If it means anything at all I am in the Orange County, CA, area and have what I guess is relatively basic Kaiser insurance.

if you don't want to talk to somebody on the phone you can email jo@ samaritans.org , they may take a while to get back to you, depends how many volunteers are there at the time.
it's based in the UK so they will be awake when US volunteers will be asleep, could take up to 24 hours to answer you , look in your junk folder if it isn't in your inbox.
they are trained for suicidal ideation, tell them you have a developmental disorder, they are doing this voluntarily so they want to be there.

As well as speaking to them, you are always welcome to talk about any issues you may have here if you feel comfortable, even PM me if you wish.

if you can't get a hold of anyone, and feel like you might commit suicide...call 911. They will put you in an environment where you can't do it.

Are you OK now?? If you feel you can't call but need to and feel funny, do you need someone else to do it for you?

I hate that feeling. It's a terrible feeling. I get it, too and must fight it. I have fmaily who loves me. Do you have family who love you??

New Threads

Top Bottom