• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Any Prog-Rock/Post-Rock fans here?

Davidinho1997

Prog-Rock and Post-Rock are two of my favorite Rock genres, and music in general along with Classical and soundtrack music :D.

My favorite Prog-Rock bands/songs are King Crimson (
)
Pink Floyd (
)
Yes (
)
Jethro Tull (
)

My favorite Post Rock bands/songs are:

Talk Talk (
the album that started it all! :D)
Sigur Ròs (Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun - YouTube
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Slow Riot For New Zerø Kanada (EP) [Full Album] - YouTube
Mogwai (Mogwai - Take Me Somewhere Nice - YouTube

What are YOUR favorites? Let me know on the comments below. I'd like to expand my horizons :D

2 musicians I've always looked up to are Geddy Lee of Rush, and Tony Banks of Genesis. Both considered prog rock.

uploadfromtaptalk1395971418095.jpg

Got this today xD. Rush is an amazing band :D.

Also a fan of Prog Metal band Dream Theater. They are simply amazing :D

I only got into King Crimson recently, but I really love what stuff of theirs I have heard (In the Court of the Crimson King, in particular). I can't say I'm a fan of all prog rock, but I really respect the music and the musicians who make it...most of them are far more talented than so much of the stuff one usually hears.

Oddly most of the Musicians I have or do work for seem to be Prog Rockers. I am very selective on what some would describe as Prog that I listen to. Always loved Rush, Pink Floyd and Marillion.

Some stuff like ELP, Yes, Transatlantic and Dream Theatre leave me totally cold. I can't grasp a melody in most of it. I have attended a few gigs where my friends are playing in bands (And one friend is in one of the above bands...) and have put me on the guest list. I've gone along but have ended up bored out of my mind. I was there purely out of loyalty.

Oddly most of the Musicians I have or do work for seem to be Prog Rockers. I am very selective on what some would describe as Prog that I listen to. Always loved Rush, Pink Floyd and Marillion.

Some stuff like ELP, Yes, Transatlantic and Dream Theatre leave me totally cold. I can't grasp a melody in most of it. I have attended a few gigs where my friends are playing in bands (And one friend is in one of the above bands...) and have put me on the guest list. I've gone along but have ended up bored out of my mind. I was there purely out of loyalty.

You will get used to it eventually, you have to be in a certain mood to listen to these kind of songs :)

My fiancé was really obsessed with King Crimson when we first met! Now he swears by Grateful Dead lol

We always joke about how he is probably an Aspie too.

I hear him mention a lot of those. That's what I mean.

I'd ask him today but he has rehearsal with his band XD

Prog-Rock and Post-Rock are two of my favorite Rock genres, and music in general along with Classical and soundtrack music :D.

My favorite Prog-Rock bands/songs are King Crimson (
)
Pink Floyd (
)
Yes (
)
Jethro Tull (
)

My favorite Post Rock bands/songs are:

Talk Talk (
the album that started it all! :D)
Sigur Ròs (Sigur Rós - Ágætis Byrjun - YouTube
Godspeed You! Black Emperor (Godspeed You Black Emperor! - Slow Riot For New Zerø Kanada (EP) [Full Album] - YouTube
Mogwai (Mogwai - Take Me Somewhere Nice - YouTube

What are YOUR favorites? Let me know on the comments below. I'd like to expand my horizons :D

Pink Floyd is my JAM! I'm also a Dream Theater and (surprisingly) Dimmu Borgir enthusiast. I'm classically trained in music, and I can listen all day. If you haven't already, you must look at an Estonian composer named Arvo Pärt. His music is very simplistic, but so beautiful and deep, it brings me to tears every time I listen to him. There's also a Polish gentleman named Krzysztof Penderecki. If you've seen the shining, or Children of Men, you have heard his music. Very modern, very creepy, very fun!

Pink Floyd is my JAM! I'm also a Dream Theater and (surprisingly) Dimmu Borgir enthusiast. I'm classically trained in music, and I can listen all day. If you haven't already, you must look at an Estonian composer named Arvo Pärt. His music is very simplistic, but so beautiful and deep, it brings me to tears every time I listen to him. There's also a Polish gentleman named Krzysztof Penderecki. If you've seen the shining, or Children of Men, you have heard his music. Very modern, very creepy, very fun!

I listen to Arvo Part aswell! :D I listen to Fratres and My Heart's In The Highlands :D. Have you listened some of the Post-Rock songs i posted ? :)

I listen to Arvo Part aswell! :D I listen to Fratres and My Heart's In The Highlands :D. Have you listened some of the Post-Rock songs i posted ? :)

Yeah, I gave those songs a listen. The ones I really liked we're Pink Floyd and Jethro Tull. The rest were okay for me. I've had a problem with Yes ever since I saw them live a couple years back. They played all their long, progressive songs, there was a jerk behind us in the concert, and. The family and I were all kinda mentally wiped out before they finally got to Roundabout. I'm so glad to find a fellow Pärt enthusiast!

New Threads

Top Bottom