• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anxiety

Well i don't know what to do im getting to the point i cant even talk to people in my class. i mean i've never been good at it but now i find it hard to talk to my closest friend in person (she is a girl and i'm a boy though) i just want to almost run away from social places especially school even doing this im stressing eugh i don't know why im putting this here i suppose people maybe can relate i don't know, sorry

Welcome to AC Jack. I think you'll find a lot of us with social anxiety issues. At least you'll know you're not alone in this struggle. For me it's just something I've had to live with my whole life.

Last edited:
Well i don't know what to do im getting to the point i cant even talk to people in my class. i mean i've never been good at it but now i find it hard to talk to my closest friend in person (she is a girl and i'm a boy though) i just want to almost run away from social places especially school even doing this im stressing eugh i don't know why im putting this here i suppose people maybe can relate i don't know, sorry

Hi Jack,

I am 59 years old and undiagnosed. A couple years ago a fellow Aspie pointed out I may have AS. I researched it and agreed with her conclusion. I spent my adolescent years with social anxiety. I felt complete alone even though I had a large family and a few friends. My family tolerated me and always pointed out I was nothing like them. My friends enjoyed my oddities. Over time I became the actor. I now know I learned from nuerotypicals the appropriate responses, but only after much experience with inappropriate responses. i always wanted just a few friends and popularity held no interst for me. This was a life-saver. The road ahead isn't going to be easy, but you have an advantage. The experience and support of the Aspies on this site. I wish I had this resource when I was young. Explore and take risk. Whatever doesn't kills you gives you the experience you need to get stronger or weaker. Right now might not be your time for great social interaction. get to know the most interesting person you'll ever meet, yourself! One of the tools I have found helpful is to not let what other people think of me define who I am. They lack the menatal acumen to do so. You are probably very bright. Pursue your interest and they will lead you to the social circles that are most valuable to your development.

social-anxiety-sucks.jpg

Worst Case Scenario:

The Socratic method of teaching.....arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! :eek:

There is one really good thing about being old and grumpy. I just do not care any more. If society does not like what I do or say, so what? No worry = No anxiety.

There is one really good thing about being old and grumpy. I just do not care any more. If society does not like what I do or say, so what? No worry = No anxiety.

I actually think about that a lot. I'm in a situation where socialization is no longer a routine requirement. So when it comes up on a mandatory basis, I'm more prepared...and at ease. Mostly because there aren't often "high stakes" involved.

For me it has always been those "high stakes" interactions with strangers that usually stress me the most. Where circumstances are somehow "leveraged" against me. No leverage, no sweat. Literally in my case.

New Threads

Top Bottom