• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

anxiety.. with everything

ChrisC1983

so, the past few months i've been trying to be my own psychologist (i did go to get a real one, filled out some forms.. takes them a while.. so, whatever, i can do it myself) reading on various subjects, watching "ted talks" and other comparable inspirational videos and audio. anything i can find that i could use. addictions... you don't think you're addicted to anything? you could be addicted to your life. your schedule, your home, your friend group.. it's comfortable, you know it, you like it.. you're addicted to it. but if there's an aspect you don't like... you need to change it.
like swimming.. lets say you want to learn how to swim. well, don't jump off a boat half a mile off shore, you're not going to make it. but, if you can practice in a pool or just off the shore line where you are still able to stand upright and touch the ground.. you will push yourself just enough to learn, but not so much that you're going to traumatize yourself and just create more problems without ever working on the 1 you're trying to fix

anyway.. i wanted to say that i have a pretty high level of qualms with most things
http://www.panicaway.com/anxietytest/indexdareYouTube.php

Your general anxiety score is 5

Your General Anxiety score is considered medium. This score can be easily improved by applying specific tools and techniques that normalize the anxiety and quickly give you back a sense of control over it. Help is available here to achieve that.

Your panic attack score is 7

Your Panic Attacks score is considered high. Specific tools and techniques will improve this condition for you. Know that all anxiety is very treatable and help is available to get you feeling more confident and in control of your life again.

Your social anxiety socre is 10

Your Social Anxiety score is considered high Specific tools and techniques will improve this condition for you. Know that all anxiety is very treatable and help is available to get you feeling more confident and in control of your life again.

Your OCD score is 6

Your OCDscore is considered high. Specific tools and techniques will improve this condition for you. Know that all anxiety is very treatable and help is available to get you feeling more confident and in control of your life again.

i know it's a simple test and honestly i think it makes me seem worse than i am. however, for my entire life the way i have functioned has been based on thoughts of others. from how i eat, to how i interact with people.. i would try to be as "normal" as possible. and while wearing camouflage in the jungle does help you to blend in, it doesn't make you a tree.

you cannot blend in. i don't mean that in a bad way. everybody is unique, right? no matter what problems you may have (or not have).. they are unique to you. others may be very similar, but not exactly the same. you need to make yourself comfortable while expressing the knowledge of how to "just get out there and do it" as people may say.
there is always somebody better than you.. and somebody worse than you. that is what keeps people striving to improve.

at a social situation..... lets say 2 people are talking about a movie.. friendly conversation about a current movie they both happened to see. just throwing yourself into that conversation can be scary... paralyzingly scary.. but, stop and use factual logic for one moment. they aren't talking about the production credits or movie budget or the dinosaur bones at night of the museum were fake. they're saying "that dinosaur is awesome" right? it's just an opinion. you didn't like the dinosaur? your thought is equally as valid. if you're willing to calmly talk about why you didn't like it, those people might listen to you. or if you did like it.. join in, they're just talking about opinions anyway.
i know.. what if you say something stupid?...... you will. not "you might", you will... and so will they. but if all 3 of you get through that conversation about that movie, even with disagreeing..... you know what? you made 2 friends. and if those 2 people can't finish the conversation with you and decide to insult you or leave... well, those people were not worth you being friends with.

don't escape the situation... learn from it. we all take an interest in new information that we like.. correct? whether you enjoy learning about computers, video games, dancing, english literature, .. whatever the topic you enjoy is. you also enjoy learning about it right? it's interesting to you, that makes it enjoyable
well... make everything interesting. remember... all life is, is new information. good.. bad.. those are just opinions. somebody will like you, and somebody will hate you. you'll never make everybody like you.. or hate you.. it's just their opinion. if somebody doesn't like you, don't take the abuse.. just move on. there are plenty of people around and some of them will like you. and once you are able to apply that to everything, even more people will like you. people want to be social.. whether we're talking about somebody who wants 20 friends and crazy parties every weekend, or somebody who just wants 1 friend to go see a movie on the weekends. if you're comfortable knowing that peoples opinions are just that... their opinion.. not everybodies opinion.. then you can start to dissipate that cloud of judgement and be comfortable enough to be who you want to be

New Threads

Top Bottom