• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anxiety, phobias and depression.. need help soon.

BlueApple

Hello.

Since march I've been suffering anxiety and depression. I have had anxiety for years now but depression has come ever since covid-19 hit our area. I have been having bad anxiety, depression and the god forbidden OCD flareups. I stress eat which is bad; like whenever I get anxious or depressed I open up the pantry and go down on granola bars, tortilla chips, ramens, etc.. it's bad.

I used to be really happy and had good days. Now I have bad anxious and depressed days where I just mope, eat, play video games and lay in bed.

My mom called for a virtual counseling session but the lady hasn't called us back yet for some reason? I also have super bad phobias like of sickness and amputation. They get in the way of my life and make it hard to live. I also hate autumn and winter so because I have SAD (Seasonal affective disorder) I feel down and bad for 6 months. Can't do it anymore.

Hey sorry to hear this. My ex had SAD. His doctor prescribed a light box. You order online. You sit directly in front for one hour in the morning. I think it works because our cat would lie right on it. It helped make a change in his moods if he did it. They are 100 to 200 dollars. The other option is meds.

Last edited:
Hi i'm sorry this is how life is for you ATM i found some of my anxiety and depression came from my fixed mind and lack of understanding about peoples actions and my presumed and sometimes true predudice and 'bullying', i'm 'hyper sensitive' to criticism and thought the world was against me. I am in my fifties now and reach out to you to say 'things can and i hope get better' try and i'm not wanting to patronise to a list of little challenges to do each day, start simple like get out of bed for half a hour, get outside for a walk, i know during my bouts of depression all seemed impossible but that may shift with counselling, meditation.... whatever you think will help, glad you posted as i found holding my troubles made my anxiety worse, the 'eating rubbish' i get it been there and still am sometimes, be kind to yourself and please update how you are doing, take care.

It's good that you are posting about this, it sounds really tough. Sounds like covid caused particular difficulties too, when before that you were coping. How is the covid situation where you are, now? Are there restrictions from it? I was wondering too if the restrictions are affecting the service provisions, as you haven't yet had a call back about counselling help.

It's normal to have dips into feeling worse when you are up against depression and OCD plus other difficulties, but exactly as said by others here, some small steps can just inch you upwards, even just getting up, or getting online, etc. Whatever you can manage. Tell us how you are doing today?

It's good that you are posting about this, it sounds really tough. Sounds like covid caused particular difficulties too, when before that you were coping. How is the covid situation where you are, now? Are there restrictions from it? I was wondering too if the restrictions are affecting the service provisions, as you haven't yet had a call back about counselling help.

It's normal to have dips into feeling worse when you are up against depression and OCD plus other difficulties, but exactly as said by others here, some small steps can just inch you upwards, even just getting up, or getting online, etc. Whatever you can manage. Tell us how you are doing today?

Thinx,
Thank you very much. I am doing better today. The day I posted that was when I was having a bad day, although today is much better. COVID situation is finally being managed where we are, they are now requiring masks. Seems kinda silly to do it now, but better late than never.

It's great that you got better today,try to go to a psychologist because of anxiety and depression. Advice for standing autumn and winter better: take some outdoor activity, for example: ride a bike.

New Threads

Top Bottom