• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anxiety Attacks

richbebo

I've read this is quite common in aspies unfortunatly, not fair its really not nice. I've been having a lot lately ones that make my heart hurt and tbh when i have them i think i'm going to die, i'm not even sure what triggers them. I went to the doctors yesterday about my heart pains and he told me i'm fine and anything major is unlikely seeing as i'm 21 so i just need to chill out more but sometimes thats easier said than done. Its not a nice experience i start stimming loads and my heartbeats faster which causes me pain then i worry which makes it worse, sometimes i get lightheaded and loose balance and this can last for sometimes hours so does anyone have any tips on relief they could share, that would really help?

If the anxiety is having a serious impact on you as you describe then there are medications that can help.

Your doctor telling you to "chill out" just indicates that he has no idea at all about the problem, maybe you need a different doctor.

I've read this is quite common in aspies unfortunatly, not fair its really not nice. I've been having a lot lately ones that make my heart hurt and tbh when i have them i think i'm going to die, i'm not even sure what triggers them. I went to the doctors yesterday about my heart pains and he told me i'm fine and anything major is unlikely seeing as i'm 21 so i just need to chill out more but sometimes thats easier said than done. Its not a nice experience i start stimming loads and my heartbeats faster which causes me pain then i worry which makes it worse, sometimes i get lightheaded and loose balance and this can last for sometimes hours so does anyone have any tips on relief they could share, that would really help?

i had one last week i had a coughing fit and couldn't stop i was having a hard time breathing then my chest started to hurt so i panicked but my mom help me calm down which i use different breathing methods to help for now un till i see a doctor about this because it was one of my first panic attacks.

yeah i dont know why i have a dubble post sorry... i don't know how to delete this one...

They have been bad for me over like the last 3 weeks as well. Usually heavy panic along with the typical symptoms. I'm like frozen and it just feels so horrible. But they always go on when I am alone. Actually I'm glad they don't happen out in public. Difference is with mine it is always the same triggers. I know the thoughts/events/situations that are causing them, only problem is I can't stop them. And I have been on a bunch of those typical ant-depress. meds in the past and most just made me feel suicidal and or much worse all around. Pay more attention next time to what you are thinking about right before you get one. How you are feeling. What were you doing or going through for awhile before. Be more aware of yourself and your emotions. What I have been saying all along ;) .

-sean-

hello nerdbydefault- these panic attacks u r having r horrible- i have had them myself. the best advice i can give you is to breath very deeply and slowing possibly find a quiet place to do this it works for me..

I have been struggeling alot with anxiety attacks and I goten better at handeling them by first of all realise they are not dangerous for my health. No matter how much as they feel so. Secondly control breathing is a good thing if hyper ventilating. And also try focous on other stuff then the anxiety. Could be like think of 3 things around you. think of 3 sounds around you. Think of 3 things you feel. then go down to 2 things and then 1 thing. Now you have hopefully focused on thinking out these things instead of thinking of the anxiety . Just talking with people can help alot too for some. Just keep onceself busy from thinking about the anxeity.

Also some medicin helps alot of its severe problems with this. But its better to try to get a better handle of it over time as much as possible instead of using medicine.

thanks guys these posts help, i've found that going for walks help alot and anything that takes my mind off of them also, i've been thinking of maybe getting some anxiety pills for use just as long as these anxiety attacks persist. I think the problem is i seem to be focusing on them wether i like it or not and there some unwanted obsession maybe which is causing me stress making them frequent. I just need some sort of life change to give me something else to think about.

I always go for walks in this situation. I sometimes go to my friends house. His bedroom is in a garage at the bottom of the garden and I just let myself in and watch TV with him. Otherwise I just go for a very long walk. I don't get panic attacks that badly, so my advice is probably useless. Last time I had a panic attack, I decided to cut out the 40 pints of milk I drink every week. I only managed it for 2 weeks, and I was less anxious, but I don't know if the milk had anything to do with it. Any large change in diet is going to have an effect. There were also negative effects to changing my diet but I wont write about those here.
I hope you find a solution.

New Threads

Top Bottom