• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Another thing I drew, would love some feedback

Misery

Amalga Heart
V.I.P Member
Okay, so, here:
Ragman.jpg

This kinda dirty looking guy is Rag Man, a boss from The Binding of Isaac, because of course he is. A lot of things I end up drawing are going to be from Isaac, it being one of the inspirations for me to try to learn art to begin with.

Here's how this guy looks in-game:

latest.jpg

He's got more of a bulky, sorta exaggerated size to him, but that's specifically from his boss intro screen, most of the monsters look a little more bulky in those than they otherwise are. I'm more going off of his appearance during gameplay, where he's got a thinner, more lanky sort of look to him (as most of the characters do), though I'm still doing it a little different from that. Just trying to mimic size perfectly all the time just makes things I draw look really... stilted. So, part of doing this sort of thing is letting myself handle size & proportions to how I feel it should be.

Honestly that's been the hardest part of learning to draw/whatever, is getting away from the "mimicry' style I'd used before.

....Also I dont really draw "bulky" or "exaggerated" very well. I think I'm usually going to have that lanky sort of look for most characters I do.

As for the purple stuff, he does this funky "beam from the sky" thing that smacks him and causes Unpleasant Things to happen nearby, always with a "GWARRRRRGH!!!!!!" yell. I mean, who wouldnt do an aggressive shout and pose when that's happening?

I chose him as the subject for this drawing as he's a particularly memorable jerk and if an early game boss is going to smash up your run and just ruin your day, it's probably going to be him (or The Haunt, nobody likes that guy)

Also yes his teeth and bandages are supposed to look kinda grimy. Nothing in that game is clean, that's for sure. Probably smells terrible.

I might take this into Procreate later and trace it into digital form, see how that looks with easier coloring/shading.

It looks like something that I would not want to meet in a dark alley.

(added) I think a larger and more open mouth would look even more sinister.

Last edited:
i love the purple in the back. such a pretty color. :)
as for the drawing i think it looks good! i don't know if the way you colored him was intentional but it looks like he has shadows on his body from direct light. i love it!

His arms and legs have a rounded 3-d shape.
Especially the limbs on the right side of the picture.

And the section of the wrapping on the arm on the left
looks particularly 'wrapped around' ( not flat ).

i love the purple in the back. such a pretty color. :)
as for the drawing i think it looks good! i don't know if the way you colored him was intentional but it looks like he has shadows on his body from direct light. i love it!

I love that background color too and how it was done there, and all the colors really as they are appealing to the eyes being complementary to each other. And yes, it looks like the light is coming from the top left, from where the shadows are. The reference in-game original version is harder to see what the character looks like, because of too much dark and from the angle shown. Although ordinarily for my paintings I don't like the objects directly in the center, or straight on views, the drawing of Rag Man seemed to work for that, as there were not other background objects involved but just the character and colored background behind.

Good drawing, you made him look solid and rounded, with your shading, that's quite advanced work. I want to like him but I'm scared!

He looks upset about something. Maybe a ex coming to get me? But the OCD in me wants to help with flying bandages. Yes, l want to give him personality, Herr Mummie Man or Transwrapped Mammie?

Not sure if it's just the perspective, but his arms look slightly inconsistent in length. Very cute picture though.

Thanks for the replies, y'all, glad you liked it. I think I'm actually progressing a bit here. I tell ya, this was way more fun than the way I was originally drawing things, just mimicking stuff.
I love that background color too and how it was done there, and all the colors really as they are appealing to the eyes being complementary to each other.

That part I definitely cant take credit for... that'd be the original designer of the character, Edmund McMillen. I love his character designs and overall aesthetics for the things he makes, it's been a huge inspiration.

Not sure if it's just the perspective, but his arms look slightly inconsistent in length. Very cute picture though.

Argh, I didnt even spot that.

Bah, the result of my own impatience... definitely something to work on.

Very cool! I like the 3D effect in the eye socket, neatly done. Somehow this drawing style gives me a bit of an Adventure Time vibe (which I hope you don't see as an insult). Could be one of the characters you'd run into shortly after the Mushroom War.

New Threads

Top Bottom