• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

another day in the life with my son

Pats

V.I.P Member
So I've been sitting here thinking and wondering what my son was going to try to prank me with. I seen him start to leave in his truck and then he didn't and I thought to myself that he seen I was home and going to come in and try to scare me with something. I decided if he came in I was not going to fall for it. So he opens the door and walks in carrying a cinderblock and my little dog is right at his feet in his way and he drops it on the dog. It was a piece of Styrofoam he made to look like a cinderblock. Darn it!!!! Can't believe I was sitting here thinking about it and he got me anyway. I about had a heart attack thinking he had dropped a cinderblock on my dog. lol

It's okay - I've got one coming for him. I've got some realistic roaches (the bugs. lol) I've got a weird glob that I'm going to make look like some kind of nest. But I can't decide whether to make a bunch of roaches coming out of the nest or have the roaches wrapped in cotton spider webs and a huge spider leg coming out of the nest.

I had made a realistic looking bat and put in his shower a couple weeks ago.

And it's been a while, but I did put bubble wrap under his truck tires, like someone here suggested.

When I was in my early teens, I made a concrete block out of styrofoam that we used to pretend we were going to crush someone with just to get a rise out of them.
It worked.
In fact a little too well.

The next step was to set up a local law enforcement who patrolled on a fairly tight schedule.

We placed a styrofoam block on a narrow roadway after dark.

The first encounter was met with locked up brakes and about 10 minutes of spot light work after the cop figured out he had been pranked.

About every three days, we went back and did it again, until he got to the point where he no longer stopped, and just floored the car to run it over.
Then we put a real one out.

It severely damaged the patrol car, something I got to see firsthand on the rack at our local Chevrolet dealer the next day after school.
(We used to walk past the dealership repair shop to cross the railroad tracks to jump the train that got us home from jr high about 30 minutes faster than taking the bus :p)

Damages: Radiator core support and radiator, oil pan, transmission pan, driveshaft, rear differential cover and the fuel tank.
T'was an expensive event, no doubt :D

When I was in my early teens, I made a concrete block out of styrofoam that we used to pretend we were going to crush someone with just to get a rise out of them.
It worked.

The next step was to set up a local law enforcement who patrolled on a fairly tight schedule.

The first encounter was met with locked up brakes and about 10 minutes of spot light work after the cop figured out he had been pranked.

About every three days, we went back and did it again, until he got to the point where he no longer stopped, and just floored the car to run it over.

It severely damaged the patrol car, something I got to see firsthand on the rack at our local Chevrolet dealer the next day after school.
(We used to walk past the dealership repair shop to cross the railroad tracks to jump the train that got us home from jr high about 30 minutes faster than taking the bus :p)

Damages: Radiator core support and radiator, oil pan, transmission pan, driveshaft, rear differential cover and the fuel tank.
Hilarious, but oh no!!!! at the same time. Did they find who did it?

Hilarious, but oh no!!!! at the same time. Did they find who did it?
Heck no, we were fairly far from home when we did it.

Another great prank involved making box nails out of lead solder.

I had special ordered a pair of wire cutters that were to be used to flush cut filaments for mass spectrometer ionizers assemblies.

I tested them on solid core solder to confirm a clean cut.
Then I cut the solder on a diagonal cut.
It cut fantastic as expected, so I cut it on the opposite side so it looked like a point on a nail.

Then the lightbulb lit up.
A guy I worked with was the ultimate work prankster.
He often included me in his pranks, but duped me just the same, so it was going to have to be an intricate setup.

Tommy built shipping crates for the outfit, hundreds of them per week.
He could load nails in his mouth and was able to start one in one strike and set it with the next with lightning speed.

I took my idea to a friend in the electronics assembly department where he puddled the ends of the solder to form the heads. Next, I set up a jeweler's lathe to face and back cut the heads.
The next step was to hand them to a worker so he could put the clinches under the heads with a razor blade.
After that step, we went to the chem lab for a cocktail of acids to dull the clean cuts on them.
We made 2 dozen of them that I mixed into a 50 pound box of nails.

By chance and nothing more, I was taking a shipment out to Tommy so he could build a crate for it.
I got to see him smash his thumb and finger in front of a big boss.
Tommy to both of us: "look at this nail, it's freakin' lead"
The boss who bent it a few times: "They must use them in roofing or somewhere where they don't want them to rust"
(That guy was a real idiot)

After the boss left and I got to say "gotcha!",
I told him there were even more yet to come.
I got his supervisor with one too, so it was a gift that kept on giving.

That was a fun place to work :p

Heck no, we were fairly far from home when we did it.

Another great prank involved making box nails out of lead solder.

I had special ordered a pair of wire cutters that were to be used to flush cut filaments for mass spectrometer ionizers assemblies.

I tested them on solid core solder to confirm a clean cut.
Then I cut the solder on a diagonal cut.
It cut fantastic as expected, so I cut it on the opposite side so it looked like a point on a nail.

Then the lightbulb lit up.
A guy I worked with was the ultimate work prankster.
He often included me in his pranks, but duped me just the same, so it was going to have to be an intricate setup.

Tommy built shipping crates for the outfit, hundreds of them per week.
He could load nails in his mouth and was able to start one in one strike and set it with the next with lightning speed.

I took my idea to a friend in the electronics assembly department where he puddled the ends of the solder to form the heads. Next, I set up a jeweler's lathe to face and back cut the heads.
The next step was to hand them to a worker so he could put the clinches under the heads with a razor blade.
After that step, we went to the chem lab for a cocktail of acids to dull the clean cuts on them.
We made 2 dozen of them that I mixed into a 50 pound box of nails.

By chance and nothing more, I was taking a shipment out to Tommy so he could build a crate for it.
I got to see him smash his thumb and finger in front of a big boss.
Tommy to both of us: "look at this nail, it's freakin' lead"
The boss who bent it a few times: "They must use them in roofing or somewhere where they don't want them to rust"
(That guy was a real idiot)

After the boss left and I got to say "gotcha!",
I told him there were even more yet to come.
I got his supervisor with one too, so it was a gift that kept on giving.

That was a fun place to work :p
That was a good one. lol
My ex did not like pranks, which never stopped me, though. :) I unplugged things and unscrewed every lightbulb, including the one in the fridge then rode over to my mom's. He called asking if I had paid the electric bill and I kept saying I think so. Then I had my daughter go in and get on her computer (after plugging it up). I was locked out of the bedroom that night. (That made it even funnier, though).

It worked.

thats-the-evilest-thing-i-can-imagine-meme-template.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom