• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Androgynes

Daniela

Hi ! So lately I've been reading a lot of stuff about androgynes, but the stuff that I mostly find are focusing too much on the equal amount of male and female gender identatie, I'm not saying that we don't need to talk about it, but I just wich people would talk more about the ones that fell ...just themselves. So I right maybe we could share our experiences ?

I think I understand what you mean. I've thought about it similarly in that I don't necessarily feel "female" or "male," that I simply just feel like me, and that these gender boxes (no matter which new ones are created) just make me feel like I have to ignore parts of myself in order to fit into them. I don't really care for this way of organizing humanity, but it is what it is.

I feel a pressure to suppress or exhibit certain "female" characteristics, and always have. I feel similar to Pushpin in that I simply just feel like me, not female necessarily.

I'm a tomboy. It's the most accurate gender identity label I could find. Some days I may dress "feminine" by wearing a tight shirt and makeup, most days I dress comfortable and casual. Typically in items from the dudes' section because they understand the concept of "shirt tail". To find a girl's shirt that isn't a half-inch from turning into a midriff is pretty hard. I do have long hair, but that's my prerogative. Not because I'm conforming or rebelling to gender or social law.

Me too sometimes people tell me tu suppress my boy behaviour, our that I should do this and that because that's what girls are suppose to do ( like some chores in the house, they are chores that guys do, but they are other that are tipicaly girlish, at least in my house) and I don't like it because, how do I explain it , like when people tell me this stuff I think, I don't even feel like a girl that doesn't aply to me. As for dressing I'm like , I where with ever I want I mostly where pants, skirts aren't pratical, and sometimes I don't even know how to wear dresses. I sometimes prefer guys jumpers too. But I like my hair long, like asheskyler said its not because I want to rebellion our something its just how I feel. Oh by the way, how do you guys deal with pronouns ? I don't mind people calling me she our he at all.

Pronouns do matter to me, suprisingly. I was mistaken for a guy once (dressed in pretty tomboyish clothes), and that did bother me. I don't know why because it's not as though I want to look especially female. Still, it bothered me.

Pronouns do matter to me, suprisingly. I was mistaken for a guy once (dressed in pretty tomboyish clothes), and that did bother me. I don't know why because it's not as though I want to look especially female. Still, it bothered me.
This is why I would love to see the English language begin to turn to gender-neutral pronouns. Too bad all of the words suggested so far sound so utterly ridiculous ("zir"? Really? Come on!)

Hmm the concept means that you might have characteristics of both genders, but you might feel like having a third one....our none.
I think this word can also be aplayed to people that have mixed features and you can't tell right away which gender they are.

Is it a real Webster Dictionary term? I've never heard of it. I'm confused because I still don't understand the meaning. Isn't there only two genders? I know some feel trapped in the wrong body, but what is a third gender?

Okay, I can't talk for anione else, but the way I feel it, is that, I'm neither female our male, which kinda makes it like a third gender.and yes I think the term is in a dictionary , but I can be wrong , because I havent checked it out, but that's the word many people use

Is it a real Webster Dictionary term? I've never heard of it.
Funny how this term also just came up today while while I was reading Aspergirls.
Asperguys can come across as slightly feminine with gentleness. Aspergirls can have greater independence and wield power tools. Aspies may be less gender role conscience or ignore the role people try to put them in.
The term means to have appearance or characteristics of both male and female or of indeterminate sex.

Probably you're used to the pronoun and don't want it to change ? Idk its just an opinion

This is why I would love to see the English language begin to turn to gender-neutral pronouns. Too bad all of the words suggested so far sound so utterly ridiculous ("zir"? Really? Come on!)
Hahahaha yeah I agree with you like' hir ....it doesn't sound right.

Gah, I hate the zir! And there's this really stupid term they've come up with for traditional people "cis-gender" or "cis-sexual" or "cis-something". I can't stand it, and everybody I've seen use it are always those weird internet people that say it's a crime to be normal. Why can't we just enjoy our individualities without making some people's traits a crime?

You know I'm going to ask - what is a zir? And a cis-gender?
Zir/xir is supposed to be the gender-neutral way of saying "they" or "their", instead of the current gender-neutral "they" and "their".
Cis-genders are people who don't suffer gender identity crisis in any way, like men who are women trapped in a male body or vice versa.
Cis-sexuals are heterosexual, since apparently "hetero" isn't good enough anymore.
And some simply say "cis" to define somebody who's both.

If we have to completely relearn our vocabulary, let's just learn Lojban and be done with it! @_@ (we need an official swirly-eyed Emoji...)

Zir/xir is supposed to be the gender-neutral way of saying "they" or "their", instead of the current gender-neutral "they" and "their".
Cis-genders are people who don't suffer gender identity crisis in any way, like men who are women trapped in a male body or vice versa.
Cis-sexuals are heterosexual, since apparently "hetero" isn't good enough anymore.
And some simply say "cis" to define somebody who's both.

If we have to completely relearn our vocabulary, let's just learn Lojban and be done with it! @_@ (we need an official swirly-eyed Emoji...)

What?! :eek: I don't need to learn another language - English is enough, thank you very much. :rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom