• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

And I just fired another 12 step sponsor

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I was late for work a few times this week because one of my bus drivers just stopped caring about how late her route was running every day. Now, starting next week, I am going to have to plan on showing up at the office an hour before they open just to guarantee I will be there on time to start my shift, otherwise I will be unemployed.

I was explaining this to my now ex-sponsor, and he replied by telling me it did not matter what I thought. After hearing him admit that was what he thought about me, I hung up on him and I blocked him on my phone.

Humans suck.

It doesn't matter what you think?????

I don't know how to understand what that was supposed to mean.
But.....maybe this guy would figure it doesn't matter what I think, either.

Letting this sponsor go sounds like no loss.

Oh come on, do you have be honest about humans sucking. We know they hide this and need something to blame for their dishonesty. If they can find someone who is kind just maybe they can get away with their deed of dishonest gains. Oh and their I am I should be calling their deeds as a way to market their gains at whatever risks so what if they nuke the world we will all be dead so what evers.

Sorry about this drunk sponsor you have in fact sponsor are hypocritical when they do still drink.

Yeah, this sponsor was playing devil's advocate with this always late driver, telling me I had no idea why she was always late, and telling me I had no idea why she did not even bother to show up to take me to work today, forcing me to wait an hour downtown to catch the next scheduled run. I am angry at this driver because she flat out does not care about the damage she is doing to many people with how pervasively late she is, and she clearly does not care about any of it - she has some kind of job security keeping her on that route, maybe she is doing something underhanded to keep herself from being fired when that clearly is what needs to happen.

And my sponsor responds to this by telling me it does not matter what I think, I should have empathy for this driver instead.

Sorry dealing with narcissistic people is such a loss but, the best part of this experience is, you got this freakin early and can move on.

Ps... Btw do we even need a sponsor in anonymous programs. And it's like the sponsor is anonymous anyways and no signature? And what's stopping a person and holding their own anonymous meetings?

Bus drivers like that are infuriating--if they really want to slack off, they should all go be CEO's or go into politics, where slacking off and taking other people's money is all they really do all damn day.

If she was an hour late (assuming she wasn't early and had already left by the time you arrived and started waiting), then that is cause for complaint. Especially if the next bus is in 1 hour and people are relying on it to get to work. You could write an email/file a complaint with the company, but I don't know if that will help.

As for the sponsor, playing the devil's advocate isn't how to support someone recovering from alcohol addiction. Do they not receive any training for this role?

I had cause for complaint of a bus driver the other day, too. On a long journey - over 3 hours, he stopped for a toilet stop. I went to the toilet, then got a coffee, all this took me no more than 5 minutes. I went back to the bus, but it had already left without me. I had to wait half an hour for the next bus, get off at the depot to get my stuff I had left on the bus. I was really pissed off. Five minutes really isn't enough time.

Thats why I own automobile. Lived in the country when young biked everywhere. do not like being beholden to others.

You could always lease and drive for a ride share and donate a few hours to pay the lease
After all Lyft pays you minus the lease fee per week so you don't have to mess with that expense line on the tax form. Either get your own corporation or 1099 and volunteer to your self and enjoy the car when you aren't ride sharing. A way to get a brand new car with a little time to volunteer to good cause. It's not really about the money although you can make a decent pay but oh justt the benefits of having a car is amazing.

I’m sorry about your bus experiences and that you didn’t get the support you were looking for from your sponsor.

That being stated, I do want to note that
1. There are always two (or more) sides to every story; and
2. We tend to lose objectivity when we are upset

In this case, you seem to have some strong negative opinions about the bus driver. But your ex-sponsor wasn’t completely wrong in the sense that unless you were told certain things and have reason to believe that those things are true, that we should consider the benefit of the doubt.

It’s possible the driver just doesn’t care and maybe there’s something protecting them, as you suggest.

It’s also possible that the driver has some medical or family concerns that is impacting their job performance, in which case those concerns are none of your business and are purely between them and their employer. Sometimes accommodation reasons are quite personal and a person when asked might provide some sort of cover story to avoid disclosing the truth, so even if someone says something it’s not necessarily the truth.

Either way, since you are being adversely affected by the tardiness, and especially given the gap between busses, you absolutely have the right to voice your concerns to the bus company if you so wish, but such should be done while framing things objectively and as concisely as possible (e.g. I take the ### bus at HH:MM from X to Y to get to work, but it has been late (A times in B frequency; details on the range and mode of the lateness if known) and has impacted me (details on how it has impacted your work) . Can you kindly review the situation and help ensure that the HH:MM ### bus will operate on a more timely basis going forward please? Thank you, yournamehere).

Hopefully there will be some sort of resolution soon that might allow you to have a more reliable and normal commute.

In the meantime, while you're taking an earlier bus, perhaps you could use the time you arrive early to explore the area around your work, or maybe you might come to an agreement with your employer on having flexibility in start and end times?

Oh I like that idea get there early to explore maybe have a nap before work. But, right now people may mistake you for being homeless and ticket you for sleeping in public. Pun intended to the stupid ethical codes of conduct, where is captain jack sparrow when. We need him?

Oh I like that idea get there early to explore maybe have a nap before work. But, right now people may mistake you for being homeless and ticket you for sleeping in public. Pun intended to the stupid ethical codes of conduct, where is captain jack sparrow when. We need him?
I have a key to the office. I can take a nap indoors in the hour before it opens up.

Why do they always have crap for brain sponsors? How bizarre. The bus driver inhales exhaust all day, she would be worse in LA, the clients are horrible there to drive around but l am sorry you are late. Sometimes when l am upset, l just would talk to the driver and ask what is up. Is there a change in the schedule of the bus? Sometimes things are out of the driver's control. It's better to ask if they changed the route times.

He said, “It doesn’t matter what you think”? That seems extreme, which makes me skeptical. In what context did he say that? What exactly was said before he said that?

I was late for work a few times this week because one of my bus drivers just stopped caring about how late her route was running every day. Now, starting next week, I am going to have to plan on showing up at the office an hour before they open just to guarantee I will be there on time to start my shift, otherwise I will be unemployed.

I was explaining this to my now ex-sponsor, and he replied by telling me it did not matter what I thought. After hearing him admit that was what he thought about me, I hung up on him and I blocked him on my phone.

Humans suck.
That is amazing you were able to protect yourself from this ignorant person. Way to go! Hope the bus situation changes.

New Threads

Top Bottom