• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

An idea for a TV show...

AGXStarseed

I was re-watching some episodes of Creature Comforts recently when I came up with this idea for a TV show.
For those who don't know, Creature Comforts was a British TV show created by Aardman Animations (the same people who made Chicken Run and the numerous Wallace & Gromit films/shorts). The show was about members of the British Public talking about various topics such as Gardening, Holidays, Medical Care, Jobs, Food, the Origins of Life on Earth, Aliens, Christmas, the Royal Family, etc. but the people would be represented as Plasticine animals.
The show later had an American adaption, although this wasn't as popular.

Here's an episode from it:

My idea would be to take the concept of people talking about issues and adapt it for Autistics/Aspies (with a few NT's who are respected in the Autism communities), but speak our voices through virtual characters that we choose/design ourselves. For example, I could be on this show giving my opinion and my 'speaking character' that viewers would see would look like a dragon (thinking back to this discussion), while another individual may give there opinion and simply look like a virtual version of themselves if they're comfortable with that.
Think of it as 'putting on a mask', similar to how we often do in real life, and there are plenty of great 3D design software choices to bring 'ourselves' to life.

HubSpotNewsletterBanner_sm.png

Blender-3D-Incredible-Machines-header.jpg

2011-12-03(19465)_centurion_final_small_.jpg

Such a show would allow us to give our own opinions on topics that interest the NT populations as well as us, along with talking about important autism-specific issues that we have strong opinions of - such as ABA, Autism Speaks, the Judge Rotenberg Center, etc.

What do you guys think, and do you have TV show ideas of your own?

Last edited:
The one change to that show would be for the NT's not to see the virtual characters, as they would be judgemental and laugh as it was like an adult cartoon like "The Simpsons." They have enough Entertainment and criticize Aspies enough, and might laugh too at Aspie virtual character creations. I would somehow have the NT viewers and their own families magically being the ones shown to the world by them giving the dialogue of the Aspies words as they watch, with calming and beautiful live nature landscape behind to promote relaxation and the messages heard. Maybe then they would take the words spoken by Aspies with sincerely and want to help understand them better and help change the systems of the world, if the NTs saw themselves speaking those issues from Aspie perspectives.

As for an idea for a more real television show, as each Aspie has a special talent, have a talent show for Aspies. There needs to be no speaking or dialogue by the Aspie, if the talent does not involve that, or if the Aspie fears that. Or have a respected narrator describe the talents instead, while the Aspie is doing the talent. The talent could be like some unique collection they are proud of, show some great memory recall, reveal some heightened sense of hearing, or eye for detail, or of smell, detail some analytical ability, highlight some expertise skill at using computers, or show any neat fascination, that would be seen as more positive than not. If the NT world wants to create a world whereby perceived flaws are hidden, as they lie so much, then just focus on the strengths and good of Aspies.

Or, another show idea would be where Aspies tell the truth about all persons. They walk around different environments and speak the truth about everything they see, as if an NT's inner thoughts are spoken, but instead an Aspie has the courage to say it. But, there can be no negative reaction back from that NT other. So, if an NT person is obnoxious, the Aspie states such without hesitation. If the NT person looks like a clown because of far too much makeup, state so. Or if they are dressed like a prostitute, state that too. Maybe if the NTs feels the pain from those comments, they would think twice about criticizing and rejecting Aspies. Heck, maybe this is why many Aspies are more direct, because of frustrations from the Aspie world, or because of a need to get points out quickly, because of any social anxiety and sensory issues.

Last edited:
I was re-watching some episodes of Creature Comforts recently when I came up with this idea for a TV show.
For those who don't know, Creature Comforts was a British TV show created by Aardman Animations (the same people who made Chicken Run and the numerous Wallace & Gromit films/shorts). The show was about members of the British Public talking about various topics such as Gardening, Holidays, Medical Care, Jobs, Food, the Origins of Life on Earth, Aliens, Christmas, the Royal Family, etc. but the people would be represented as Plasticine animals.

My idea would be to take the concept of people talking about issues and adapt it for Autistics/Aspies (with a few NT's who are respected in the Autism communities), but speak our voices through virtual characters that we choose/design ourselves. For example, I could be on this show giving my opinion and my 'speaking character' that viewers would see would look like a dragon (thinking back to this discussion).

Such a show would allow us to give our own opinions on topics that interest the NT populations as well as us, along with talking about important autism-specific issues that we have strong opinions of - such as ABA, Autism Speaks, the Judge Rotenberg Center, etc.

I love the idea of having both Aspies and NTs speak about issues common to both types as well as issues unique to each type, as long as it were done in a mutually respectful manner. It would provide an educational forum for everyone to equally share their thoughts and opinions, much like this website.

My idea would be to take the concept of people talking about issues and adapt it for Autistics/Aspies (with a few NT's who are respected in the Autism communities), but speak our voices through virtual characters that we choose/design ourselves. For example, I could be on this show giving my opinion and my 'speaking character' that viewers would see would look like a dragon (thinking back to this discussion), while another individual may give there opinion and simply look like a virtual version of themselves if they're comfortable with that.
Think of it as 'putting on a mask', similar to how we often do in real life, and there are plenty of great 3D design software choices to bring 'ourselves' to life.

HubSpotNewsletterBanner_sm.png

Blender-3D-Incredible-Machines-header.jpg

2011-12-03(19465)_centurion_final_small_.jpg

Good idea.

As for ideas of my own, I'd bring back the following UK shows, Knightmare, this time with better graphics (not the crap VR version from a few years back that was piloted then canned) and adult Dungeoneers, and also Gladiators with less physically able Gladiators and contenders, and also Mastermind for Aspies.

New Threads

Top Bottom