• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Amazing Pointer Tricks!

Luca

V.I.P Member
Okay, so some of these are probably not "amazing," and this was just for fun and fooling around in the middle of the night and some of these tricks aren't our best, but you can probably see why Enzo has so many obedience titles lol. This is the result that consistent positive training gets you.
When training, always remember to reward your dogs!!! But you cannot in competition, except for at the start and finish. You can talk to your dog though.

It's important to keep in mind that Pointers are NOT common dogs to see in obedience events, because they're... well... not usually trained to this level. I have to work my ass off every day to keep my dogs on top of their game like this. And this isn't even the most impressive stuff he can do. Sometime I will upload a full video of a rally competition.

Please ignore how gross I look, I just got out of the shower and was about to get into bed... good thing you can't see my hair... and yeah, before anyone points it out, I do have varicose veins, it's from a medical issue... and I have kind of a stocky and unladylike body which I'm really insecure about. I don't like posting pictures or videos of myself so please be nice lol

But I hope some of you enjoy this, and have as much fun watching it as we did training it! :)

Got to see you two at work. How much fun. Thanks for sharing this. It takes a lot of dedication to train like this. :)

Okay, so some of these are probably not "amazing," and this was just for fun and fooling around in the middle of the night and some of these tricks aren't our best, but you can probably see why Enzo has so many obedience titles lol. This is the result that consistent positive training gets you.
When training, always remember to reward your dogs!!! But you cannot in competition, except for at the start and finish. You can talk to your dog though.

It's important to keep in mind that Pointers are NOT common dogs to see in obedience events, because they're... well... not usually trained to this level. I have to work my ass off every day to keep my dogs on top of their game like this. And this isn't even the most impressive stuff he can do. Sometime I will upload a full video of a rally competition.

Please ignore how gross I look, I just got out of the shower and was about to get into bed... good thing you can't see my hair... and yeah, before anyone points it out, I do have varicose veins, it's from a medical issue... and I have kind of a stocky and unladylike body which I'm really insecure about. I don't like posting pictures or videos of myself so please be nice lol

But I hope some of you enjoy this, and have as much fun watching it as we did training it! :)

Love the way you made your own jumping barriers to train at home. And he's doing them without hesitation!

Is that collar leather? :screamcat: so cool

Wow. I love the way he looks at you. Such connection between you and your dog, it is beautiful. I think dogs who have this much purpose and attention are happy dogs, too.

Love the way you made your own jumping barriers to train at home. And he's doing them without hesitation!

Is that collar leather? :screamcat: so cool
He can jump at least 3 feet lol!
The collar is a different material, not sure what it’s called.

I don't think you need to feel ashamed of your body, you look reasonably fit to me.
I am definitely not in bad shape, I’m kind of a chronic workout person lol and I’m very fit for my size, I just don’t like that I’m kind of dense and don’t have an hourglass figure, and I have more stomach fat than I’d like. My weight also fluctuates a lot, and no matter how much exercise I get, I don’t get “skinny.” :/

Sometimes people make comments about me having an “unattractive” body.

But I’m also my own worst critic. I’ve always struggled with eating disorders.
I do realize though that contrary to what society wants people to think, you don’t have to be thin to be fit or healthy.

I’m really enjoying all the positive comments in this thread! Thank you all for the support!

I love showing off what my dogs can do and I’m very proud of them :)

As always @Luca,thanks for sharing.

In this dark world, dogs bring so much light. The one thing that always brings me a smile. :)

I tried that with my dog, I don't know exactly how she did it but it ended with me doing tricks while she watched me. ;) Yorkies are tricky and clever.

New Threads

Top Bottom