• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Always feeling disconnected

you're very much a part of the world you've created for yourself.

You're cast in the lead role. No understudy. You don't need one.

Your hopes have pulled you through adolescence, your dreams and desires through your 20s.

your expectations may not have been met arriving at your 30s so perhaps your 'regrouping' and starting to question your own 'world' or reality?

thinking about making some changes as you move forward and onwards.

I don't practise any religions but have faith.
In myself, in others, in sciences.

Those (core) beliefs handed to me by parents, relatives, teachers and the like; as I was growing up, started to seem faulty or inaccurate quite a while ago.

I started to question everything I believed at the time.
Got rid of a lot that wasn't working for me.
There's still some hard wired, engrained things I working on.

when it all comes down to it, Yes I am human and part of the planets populous but I'm the star of my own show.

My reality and illusions or disillusions are mine. Not all will be shared by others.
I don't HAVE to 'fit in'
There are people who love me despite my not fitting in and getting it wrong and misunderstanding and generally making a complete mess of some social situations.

I've also probably gone off on an irrelevant tangent here :)

I've galloped around the houses on a super speedy Llama trying to say; after reading the o.p,

you now have the opportunity to change your beliefs, ideals, perceptions to some that are more comfortable for you.

I am quite fond of my pet rats, but I don't think I'm connected to them. I'm not even sure they know that I'm alive - they might assume that I'm some sort of mountaineous food delivery system... :p
Hah, suuure. Rats aren't that silly. They might plot against you when you're not looking. Might wanna reap your food away from you and have you eating less and spending more time with them, giving them treats. :smirkcat:

This is a very interesting discussion. I have been lucky in life and while there have been some markedly bad relationships I have parents a partner, an adult son and two friends who make my life worthwhile, who make me feel as though I matter and for whom I am motivated to offer my love and support. My parents are elderly so I won't have them forever. I have a sibling with whom I have little in common but we do have a bond of loyalty. This is enough for me. In fact this is plenty. There was a time when I hoped for more intellectual connections and to be able to do things that made a difference in the world but I no longer view things that way. Small differences matter and I know I make small differences. I do not care at all about having any lasting impact on the world that is actually traceable to me or give any thought to some sort of continuation of myself through people I have touched. As I see it there is no inherent meaning in the universe and so we make our own. At some point it will all end and I am completely unbothered by that.

New Threads

Top Bottom