• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

All just name-calling!

BruceCM

Pretty much everything I've asked about is just name-calling or a variant of it. I did try to make any other sense out of it, don't know why. Goodbye

All the stuff I've asked about is either name-calling or variants of it. See thread on 'how do you define bullying', as it seems to be covered there. It'd usually be 'wrong' to call people 'rude' names, like 'bastard' or 'b', right? Well, it'd still be 'wrong' to find other ways to say those, too, wouldn't it? Certainly, the 'difference' between most of the stuff I've asked about & name-calling can't be explained & I get the same sort of routine when I asked about it. Really, it's much more difficult to deal with the 'polite' names than the clearly 'rude' ones, I find. I wish such people would just call me the rude names, instead; I got used to those at school.

Really, it's much more difficult to deal with the 'polite' names than the clearly 'rude' ones, I find. I wish such people would just call me the rude names, instead; I got used to those at school.

I agree.

I think that subtle bullying is far worse than when people directly call you names like "asshole", etc. Those words are impersonal and don't have much of an effect.

When people bully me subtly enough that I can't call them out for bullying me . . . this is what bothers me. But I sometimes can't help myself from calling them out and their reaction often is something like "Whoa! What are you getting worked up for!" They pretend that they haven't tried causing me harm and continue being prickish.

Last edited:
So, what do you do with such people? Avoid them, where & when possible? I'm hardly saying I liked the rude names but I'd prefer them! It used to be I was supposed to think people might not mean such things that way & I really tried. Now, who's got anything to say to people still telling me to take that approach? And how about when it's the supposed 'help' & 'support' people doing it? Where it's not usually 'lighten up' but some other variant of 'negative'. There's the convenient 'everybody's entitled to their opinion' for all those people, who aren't applying that version to me but on & on & on it goes!

New Threads

Top Bottom