• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

All in One Portable Sink For Camping

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
I visit Coleman Canada website today and found out they have this portable sink for $35. I read many reviews and many people happy with it. It uses 4 D batteries for the pump. I own an AA to D adapter so I can use my AA rechargeable batteries for it.

Perhaps I should be embarrassed with myself but I wipe my plates out with a paper towel followed by a wipe with a baby wipe. I have a jug of water if anything more is needed. Is that too gross? (When I'm camping! At home I wash dishes the usual way.:))

Perhaps I should be embarrassed with myself but I wipe my plates out with a paper towel followed by a wipe with a baby wipe. I have a jug of water if anything more is needed. Is that too gross? (When I'm camping! At home I wash dishes the usual way.:))
Got to do what you got to do sometimes.

Not dishes related, but I notice for one of my trips I forgot bar of soap so I used dish soap for a shower.

Not dishes related, but I notice for one of my trips I forgot bar of soap so I used dish soap for a shower.

I tend to use the baby wipes for my shower as well since most of the time one isn't available and I pack too light to bring along a portable. When I go camping I get pretty grungy. :eek::pig:

It arrived today. I gave the pump a try. It does really work. LOUD, but it works.

You can fill 2.5 gallons(9.5 L) of water. I find this is a lot of water for me to work with for myself camping alone.

Tomorrow, I'm going to test to see if I can wash my 4 person dish set, cutlery and 3 pieces cooking set with 2.5 gallons of water.

All this testing will be at home as I'm not going camping until near the end of next month.

My AA to D battery adapter works well with this kit.

I have an update for my review of this product.

The pump can support up to 2.5 gallons(9.46L) of water in the pan.

The water flows 22 ounces/min(0.68L/min). If you ran the pump continuously, it will drain 2.5 gallons (9.46 L) in about 14 minutes. Running the pump and filling your try for dish water will take about 4 minutes. It does generate a good amount of bubbles.

The water pressure is good for rising.

I decided to use my AA to D adapter to power this device. It requires four D's batteries. With the AA to D adapter, I learned it better to add a pair of AA for each AA to D adapter as this device does drain batteries at a fast rate. Using the pair of AA in the D adapter would allow me to power the pump for 45 minutes. The runtime could be even longer if bought normal D batteries.

Coleman does sell rechargeable battery pack if you don't want to use normal D batteries.

For the temperature of hot water, the max recommend temperature is 140F(60C). Please don't exceed this number at less if you want to burn yourself. What I did was boiled a pot of water and used a thermometer to get it to 203F(95C). Next I add some cold water in the bucket for the pump. Then I pour the pot of boiling water into the bucket. I measured the temperature of the bucket. I add some more cold water. I measure again and repeat until I get the temperature near 140F(60C).

Once I'm done getting the temperature right, I get my pan to wash dishes, get the soap and run the pump to fill the pan. You will see steam coming out of the pump since the water is at a hot temperature. When I was done filling, I measure the pan and it was about 131F(55C).

After washing some dishes and placing it to another path, I use the pump to rinse then place them in the included drying rack.

I'm very impressed with this device. Because the hot water is enclosed in a seal tight container with the pump, the water will remain hot for a fair amount of time.

The above testing was done at my home. Next week I will be going camping and test this device in the field. I let you know how things turned out after my trip.

New Threads

Top Bottom