• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Ability to visualize

Ronald Zeeman

V.I.P Member
I spent most of my career working on industrial processes . My secret advantage was always to the ability to visualize the process in its entirely and see the weakness and how you first I always keep this quiet, not wanting to give away my trade secret, my employers would get a competitive advantage, my latest position involved putting a quality system together, it was successful that they have no competitors, and currently have a monopoly. l did not document completely the system. They now want to move that system to another plant, unfortunately some key areas were completely in my head and not written down. I am now retired, good luck coping the process. People from other companies are trying to contact me to get me to give them the process that is so mundane.

I am very curious to find others with this ability.

The above was dictated to his wife, Marie, who has tried to type fast enough to get it all down. Sorry for any gramatical errors,

Hello. Yes, I think in pictures. I too visualize processes in my mind and from different angles (like CAD software) and I run through the workings of a prototype all in my head before deciding to create what I've thought about. Generally they're things I rig up out of items I have on hand for farming, etc.

I know Einstein and Tesla both had this ability, the theory of relativity would not exist if not for this.

Good to know, do you like trackers.

I really do like tractors buy books on them, my retirement plans were to visit tractor museums. Covid put an end to that plan,

I really do like tractors buy books on them, my retirement plans were to visit tractor museums. Covid put an end to that plan,

I don't know a lot about tractors, but I really like the look of old tractors like Allis Chalmers and others. My Dad has an old Ford tractor.

I have an old David Bradley walk behind tractor that was left in our woods by a previous owner. It doesn't run and it's very rusted.

ilived on a farm during my eenage years first tractor was 135 massey, second was a 730 case and third a 210 Allis

Yes I also think through a process in terms of pictures. I watched the Temple Grandin movie where she visualized the chutes from the perspective of the cows and I do similar things (but not as good as she does!). I am great at gap analysis this way.

Great skill to have , found it my greatest strength during my working life.sort of like the one eyed person in the land of the blind

New Threads

Top Bottom