• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A word about dating/marriage for autistic guys, my personal experience.

Travel man

I just read an article in a local newspaper of mine, in the "Ask Amy" section, about another guy with Asperger's syndrome being attracted to this woman at his church, and all else. Currently, I live in Chicagoland, Illinois but am hoping to move out of my parents' house and into my own apartment in Fort Myers/Cape Coral, Florida. Now I have been to Fort Myers 5 times so far, and have had really great experiences with the ladies down there. I went to nightclubs, a lot of ladies invited me to dance with them, a few even briefly friended me on Facebook before. But the same can never be said about Illinois women. Illinois women are not only absolutely hardened towards guys with autism; they want super rich guys enough that seemingly many numerous young ladies (in Chicagoland, Illinois) are even moving from the suburbs into the ghetto and hooking up with guys that are downright hardened gangsters and criminals. The kinds of guys that get their 6 and 7 annual figures, their luxury sports vehicles, boats, and what not, through armed robberies, shootings, homicides, car jackings/grand theft auto, burglaries, thefts, fraud, drug dealings, all the easy but wrong and even downright illegal way. All because of, in fact, the increasing rarity of "breadwinner" guys with, coincidentally, soaring percentages of breadwinner women, so they're going for "breadstealer" guys.

Obviously, it is true that people with autism are capable of extreme intelligence; in fact, one of my hobbies is collecting antique electric fans, and not only did most of them need to have wiring replaced, but 2 of them even needed their stators rewound, and I personally rewound them by hand! For everyone's info, the stator is that part of an electric motor that has all the coiled wires and such that actually spins the motor shaft assembly when electricity is applied to the wiring. And my recent rewind was for a 3 phaser with 24 coils! But to my disappointment, even all of that type of intelligence means absolutely nothing to a Chicagoland woman, especially when she is desparate enough for money and extreme luxury that she'd rather hook up with a hardened gang banger or flash mob guy instead of an autistic guy who is gentle, is caring and loving, and such. Illinois is so bad with the ladies, in fact, that nowadays when I am out in public within the state of Illinois, I tend to walk in big wide circles around every single female person, even to the point of finding another route if the one I am going has ladies mingling in it, like if I am at a store browsing around, and the aisle has even one young woman in it, I simply backtrack and find a clear aisle. Literally for me, every time I especially see a beautiful young woman nearby when I am in Illinois, my first and immediate instinct is "all back full!"

Last edited:
I think it gets worse the farther north you get. I've had to deal with police just for being quiet and different, and doing absolutely nothing wrong.

And yes it's all about the money. My ex cleaned out my account behind my back. When I announced the money was gone, she left an 8 year relationship within hours. Over a dollar. I know of countless guys this has happened to. They're all the same around here. The sheer commonality of the dating profiles around here is enough to make you sick. I finally just gave up on it all and am much happier alone.

Not only that, there are news stories every week about these middle aged women who have been put in charge of bookkeeping and have found to be embezzeling from the place. With not a lot of work around here as it is, the percentage of theft is ridiculous. Don't like to stereotype but geez every story and embezzeler is so much alike it's scary.

Sounds like the thing they call southern hospitality and sweetness is described well here.

Last edited:
I think it gets worse the farther north you get. I've had to deal with police just for being quiet and different, and doing absolutely nothing wrong.

And yes it's all about the money. My ex cleaned out my account behind my back. When I announced the money was gone, she left an 8 year relationship within hours. Over a dollar. I know of countless guys this has happened to. They're all the same around here. The sheer commonality of the dating profiles around here is enough to make you sick. I finally just gave up on it all and am much happier alone.

Not only that, there are news stories every week about these middle aged women who have been put in charge of bookkeeping and have found to be embezzeling from the place. With not a lot of work around here as it is, the percentage of theft is ridiculous. Don't like to stereotype but geez every story and embezzeler is so much alike it's scary.

Sounds like the thing they call southern hospitality and sweetness is described well here.

True in most respects. My parents and I have a trailer in northern Wisconsin, and while the people in Wisconsin are generally nicer than in Illinois, they are not as nice as in Florida. Not to mention obviously Wisconsin currently has a Tea Party governor. But I also have been to New York City before, and even New York City appeared to have a friendlier social atmosphere than Northern Illinois. However, I wouldn't want to live in New York City as that place is like a prototype Police State city, where practically everything (bicycling, climbing trees at the park, also most likely anything other than laundry on the buses and subways, and others) is illegal. Not to mention it is highly expensive to live in New York City, and New York City has snow and deep freezes in the winter; not my type of climate.

I've lived in the North, and I've lived in the Deep South. What I've found is this: in the North people seemed much more straightforward & honest. It was much easier to judge how someone felt about you. In the South they'll smile, invite you in & offer you sweet tea ... but that doesn't make it any less likely that you'll be stabbed in the back.

Something I watched recently ... I don't remember at the moment but I'll post it when I figure it out ... it wasn't specifically about North v South but hear me out. One guy asked the other "How do I know you won't shoot me in the back?" (or it might've been 'in my sleep') Second guy answered "If I do shoot you, you'll be standing up, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

I realize it's personal preference, but I'd much rather deal with that type of person.

Edited to add correct quote & source:
"If I ever kill you, you’ll be awake. You’ll be facing me. And you’ll be armed."
-Mal Reynolds, Serenity (1st episode), Firefly

Suddenly I feel a rewatch coming on …

Last edited:
I have not had the same experiences described in this thread. I find the people in Minnesota and Wisconsin honest and trustworthy.

Chicago has a long history of corruption. I know the city well and the public corruption filters down to the people. In general the citizens of Chicago are suspicious and cynical; it is a matter of survival and the reason I left. Up north is much more livable.`

It kind of sounds to me Travel Man, that perhaps you are choosing the wrong type of woman. I live in Northern Wisconsin, and I travel to Northern Illinois several times a year, and this has not been my experience. Yes, people in the Chicagoland area are much less outgoing, but I find it impossible to condemn all of the females in the way that you describe.
Personally, I am not attracted to the heavily made up type of girl, as I think that says a lot about what is important to her. I am more attracted to the "Plain" or everyday, ordinary type. I meet girls pretty easily down there, although I do not date, but used to.
Good luck in Florida.

New Threads

Top Bottom