• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A week by myself recovering from surgery.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I will survive, I usually do, but I do wish one of my local friends had the time to watch some movies with me and eat some soup with me. This is what I get for having my surgery over the holidays, I guess.

So, who here wants movie night at Metalhead’s house? I have a library with something in it to accommodate all tastes.

Sorry they aren't there for you. Just cruise, and binge on movies and soup. Sounds nice minus the surgery part. :)

Sorry they aren't there for you. Just cruise, and binge on movies and soup. Sounds nice minus the surgery part. :)
They would be there if they were not with their families and their wives. I understand that and I try not to take it too personally because it is nothing personal against me.

Saying “bros before hoes” in this case would end these friendships very quickly. Go figure, that’s a tacky way to put this jealous feeling.

I went thru five major surgeries on my own during various parts of my life. I had friends that brought me food or help retrieve my car during two of them.

I went thru five major surgeries on my own during various parts of my life. I had friends that brought me food or help retrieve my car during two of them.
If I needed a food delivery from my friends, they would be happy to help. Asking for social time this time of year is asking too much of them. I am the only single guy in my AA group, and the only gay one to boot.

I really wanted to talk to my LA friend tonite, but her boyfriend is there. Sometimes he borders on abusive. I am trying to get her to move to FL. At one point, he lived with her, but he was very controlling. I am worried she will let him move back in. They quarreled alot.

I really wanted to talk to my LA friend tonite, but her boyfriend is there. Sometimes he borders on abusive. I am trying to get her to move to FL. At one point, he lived with her, but he was very controlling. I am worried she will let him move back in. They quarreled a lot.
She should ditch that one then, cause some of those men can be creeps too.

@Metalhead

Hey, if *being there in spirit* counts, you and I watched several movies
together-ish last night. Assuming that me having a wet washcloth over
my eyes all night with TCM on the television counts.

I haven't puked since evening and at the moment outer reality isn't spinning
around me.

@Metalhead and @tree - I'll join yall for an evening of movies. I'll be wearing pajamas, and will make some hot tea and some hummus with fresh pita for snacking. Or I could make chicken wings as I know Metalhead likes them although I doubt spicy food is a good idea while you recover.

I really wanted to talk to my LA friend tonite, but her boyfriend is there. Sometimes he borders on abusive. I am trying to get her to move to FL. At one point, he lived with her, but he was very controlling. I am worried she will let him move back in. They quarreled alot.
YES! Please be there for her. Nobody should put up with an abusive, controlling man-child. Stories like that make me sad because there are probably men who will value her and help her grow. I don't think we have been that rare (only neglected).

What movies, @Metalhead ? Do you have any good intellectual scifi, like Arrival or Contact?

If you like soups, here is one I tried with a rack of leftover ribs (I use a rub I make so the flavor is not polluted by BBQ sauce.) Had a nice smoky flavor courtesy of my Traeger smoker grill.

Tuesday I face a dental implant, but that will not be as serious as what you have gone through. Keep the faith, guy.

I can be clean-up crew the next day. :)
I think of what a great time that could be. Interesting company, good movies, and perhaps a tasty pot-luck. I'd even make a tasty, but perhaps not healthy, breakfast for the clean up crew - Sausage gravy covered hash browns and some Sulawesi or Java coffee, and some good OJ.

I think I will have a James Cameron film festival over the next few days. Avatar 1 & 2, T2, Titanic, Aliens, True Lies and The Abyss.

I liked Avatar 1, but thought the sequel stank. Essentially a chase film with random things thrown in when the plot grows thin.

I would totally have a movie night with you,—even if it involved one of the highly-questionable horror movies you review (since you’re on-the-mend, I would do it, much to the chagrine of my cinephile friends).

I would totally have a movie night with you,—even if it involved one of the highly-questionable horror movies you review (since you’re on-the-mend, I would do it, much to the chagrine of my cinephile friends).
I don’t show my highly questionable horror to the unwilling. That would just be rude.

Now that the doctor removed the splints from deep within my nostrils, I am feeling a billion times better. So this is how it feels to be able to breathe properly through my nose. I should have had this done 20 years ago.

New Threads

Top Bottom