• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Very Touching Story

Wow what a wonderful story thanks so much for posting it! I cried too when he died, for me there had been no one like Bowie before and there will never be again, such a huge natural talent. RIP David.

Wow what a wonderful story thanks so much for posting it! I cried too when he died, for me there had been no one like Bowie before and there will never be again, such a huge natural talent. RIP David.
You are absolutely welcome! I just had to share it. I cried too when he died. When I first saw the post on his official Facebook I thought it was a hoax, or that the account got hacked. But sadly on Twitter his son Duncan confirmed it. I started crying because it was so unexpected. I never knew that he was suffering from cancer. :( But that article was so moving and touching.

Yes I think you're right it was so sudden and unexpected. From what I understand he kept the knowledge he was dying very tightly to just a very small inner circle. I remember reading that when Black Star was released he came to the UK to supposedly promote it. While in London he was driven to his old family home in Brixton, where the engine was turned off and he just wanted to sit for a while. He was also driven to other places he had lived and pubs and places still there where he had performed in the early years before he made it. I presume he was doing a life review and remembering as much as he could, and reliving old memories as he knew he was dying and didn't have much time left.

He did a photo shoot at Heddon St by the K.West sign where he had been Ziggy years earlier. During the shoot a woman on the way to work shouted over "Oí Dave, they took your phone box away isn't it terrible!" he sadly nodded at her to acknowledge her comment, it had indeed been replaced.

This is all from memory and reading hundreds of articles over the years, so without the time to check everything don't quote me on anything.

It's strange how the work of someone you've never met can have such a profound effect on your life.

Last edited:
That is a great story and to think David Bowie felt this way.
I've read he did feel he was not like the others in this world. The Starman, Ziggy!
I've always worn that invisible mask .
And we trek on through life.
Thanks for sharing.

That is a great story and to think David Bowie felt this way.
I've read he did feel he was not like the others in this world. The Starman, Ziggy!
I've always worn that invisible mask .
And we trek on through life.
Thanks for sharing.
You're very welcome! It's really inspiring and I hope it will inspire and help more people. :)

Beautiful story. I remember reading that in the early days creating those stage personas were the only way he could perform.

New Threads

Top Bottom