• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A question for web designers and programmers

I've looked at the Chrome DevTolls, looks exciting but a little overwhelming. I do sketch everything before designing actually. What I'm trying to take on is usually not done by one person that's why I'm trying to see what my priorities are right now. So when I was looking through all the stuff (vagualy :D) I found this: "Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL NIKOXXII.com from frame with URL YouTube. Domains, protocols and ports must match." personally I think its nothing important, it probably just states... :"wait a minute, where did this come from?" yeah, well :) I think I need to learn a little more to understand what the tool does exactly, have you used it and how does it help you?

I wouldn't worry about that error much unless your embedded Youtube vids don't work. Something odd that I noticed about your website it that the whole thing is going through a frame. This is most likely the cause of the error, it also prevents the page url from showing up in the address bar i.e., it always says nikoxxii.com even when you might expect it to look something like nikoxxii.com/about.html.

Don't worry about mastering the web inspector, all I took for me to learn how to use it was to just start playing around with it. All you really to pay attention to is the elements tab maybe the console and sources tabs might be helpful sometimes. I'm curious about your other project, I'm also taking on a biggish project for a client. Anything is possible the only limitations are other people, yourself, time, money, current knowledge and willingness to learn. There is a built in self-doubt center of the brain called the reptilian brain, it's only concerned with survival and among other things it's responsible for rage and fear of leaving your current homeostasis. So I guess what I'm trying to say is go for it!

BTW Is your avatar picture a real Holga style film clipping, or is it a Photoshoped digital image?

@kicker

I guess I missed the part in your post that said that there is a free developer version of CF. I would be more interested in looking into that but I already want to learn PHP and Ruby(on Rails), but maybe epath13 might want to look into it? Anyone herd of Jekyll, it generates static websites from templates and content files. I haven't looked into it really but it looks interesting.

I just wanted to say again how powerful CSS can be, when I do websites most of my work is in the CSS, my HTML is usually on the minimal side. There some really crazy things you can do with CSS, but you don't have to worry about that. It really help if you just decide to start using and start using it, it will be hard and irritating sometimes, but it's also rewarding to just jump in and start doing it. by the way w3schools.com is kind of so-so and I try to avoid it. It's an OK reference I guess but some people hate it because of inaccuracies,I tried to use it to learn HTML and CSS and I think it's better to do something else. Codeacademy's web tutorial looks like a pretty cool, it's series of interactive lessons that has you coding in a editor that's right next to the lesson and instantly gives you visual feedback in another pane.

I'll check the website out, love the way they've organized it. Looks very exiting, now I need to find time to sit down and actually do it :)

Thanks for the encouragement :) for me the most important and lacking element in all this is time and with the time goes the energy. Sometimes I might ask myself what and whom am I doing it for? (besides myself :) ) but those tendencies are short-lived, I'm not the type of person who would hang onto such trivialities :) challenge itself can become a great purpose, but it's not just a challenge here, I think I can create a descent product... I mean, I am capable of it :)

as for the picture, I've just been playing with some android apps :) I think I've used one this time: PicsArt :)

I used to make sickeningly overcooked lomo style filmstrip images with Gimp, about 15x more of a strong effect than your picture with bright blue and red tones. I'm a little more subtle with my image processing now. But maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, now to dig through my half organized old picture folder.

I understand about motivation and mine can really fluctuate sometimes I have none, and sometimes I'm fixated on a project. For me I think that it helps to somehow build up internal motivation, even if that means doing something that you don't want to do and the helps to get into the mindset of doing it. But even so I still seem to procrastinate on a lot of things I should be doing now.

I don't remember if I said this already, but I think that a good way to build up programming experience is to just jump into a project and deal with all of the problems that come up, That's why I like the Code Academy style stuff -- although I've hardly used it. I'm going to try the PHP track sometime because I've been working with Wordpress and it would be good to know how to use PHP because it's definitely involved in WP theme development. Actually I want to try to make my own Wordpress theme framework, but we'll see how that goes because I think I'm going to work on something else first. Too bad those smileys mess up the text so much or I might use them more.

Last edited:
This is more related to your comment on having your head spin when something is dynamic. During last quarter I took intermediate programming and we covered different search and sorting algorithms. In preparation for my final, I memorized each algorithm in the format specified in my book. On the final we had to write a few methods encompassing these algorithms. The second I was required to think in a non-linear fashion my brain shut down and I was unable to see where the information would go. This was an extremely defeating feeling and upset me greatly. I am still trying to figure out a way that will allow me, in very specific situations, to think on a dynamic level, because memorizing the algorithm did not seem to do that trick. Have you figured out a way to overcome this "dynamic" restraint while programming epath13?

New Threads

Top Bottom