• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A question for computer people here.

Skeletor

And I'm assuming you are here, this being an Aspie site and all. Is it possible to hook a regular keyboard up to a tablet computer? Is it possible to make that work?

It might be possible to buy adapters, but given that you’re asking, I’d assume you don't count yourself as a 'computer person', so simplest (and maybe cheapest) option would be to buy a bluetooth keyboard.

And I'm assuming you are here, this being an Aspie site and all. Is it possible to hook a regular keyboard up to a tablet computer? Is it possible to make that work?

Depends on your understanding of a "regular" keyboard. Tablets don't have a 6-pin PS2 port for the most basic "old school" wired keyboards.

However you should preferably be able to connect a wireless Bluetooth keyboard to a tablet that supports it. Fewer tablets are likely to run basic USB wired and wireless keyboards.

Depends on the kind of tablet you have. Some tablets have limited input and output abilities. Some android capable tablets can connect to standard usb external keyboards and mice like Samsung Galaxy, Microsoft surface pro. Lg's tablet has a charger cable with a usb2 port on it as well.
Otherwise as Judge has suggested a wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse should work well.

Last edited:
Thank you all, I'm assuming Bluetooth is a wireless connection? The tablet is a kindle fire.

There are both wired and bluetooth options for connecting a physical keyboard to a tablet. Android, Kindle Fire, and Windows tablets might have more options, though.

New Threads

Top Bottom