• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A neat game idea I just had for Unity Personal edition.

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I know I said i found creative writing to be my "main" talent, but I still know what I know about game development and I never said I would stop making games, however I will only make small, sandbox game projects designed to provide entertainment and fend off boredom, instead of having an already-written story/plotline etc...

Imagine if you will, an MMO sandbox that you can play either online or off, by yourself, where there are explicitly NO objectives, quests, missions, plot etc. You make a character that you choose to be Autistic, ADHD or NT, and customize your own variables with what you choose, and you enter a randomly-selected spot in the world to experience whatever you want to do. Socialize with other players' characters/NPCs and AI pedestrians, learn to teach yourself right from wrong or follow a path of careless anarchy, interact with the environment in numerous realistic ways; basically imagine Second Life without the mature stuff, and a more modular control system:

(Well idk if you'd call what I'm about to describe "modular" but for some reason that's the only way I can think of it.)

The control engine would work identically to an over-the-shoulder thirdperson perspective by looking/aiming with the mouse, using whatever's in your hand(s) with a mouse button, the other/other two reserved for secondary actions. Button prompts would be used to interact with the environment and objects and items in sort of a hybrid blend between Resident Evil 6's control engine and Heavy Rain's interaction system; the reason I chose it this way is because it would just feel like it'd be easy for me to turn this formula into a system where buttons/keys facing certain directions of the game's camera perspective (i.e. press 'D' at an arrow pointing right to make your character use their hand to open a cabinet door/panel to some kind of machine etc.) a la Heavy Rain, and urgent, non-stationary button events would guide your character into something like escaping a hazard of some kind, quickly assembling something previously in pieces before some form of consequence reaches them; anything that you wouldn't have indefinite time to think about how to so or navigate, that's when the Heavy Rain-style button events come in (i.e. if your character's leg was caught in a bear trap for example, the screen would have a rapidly-self-pressing spacebar symbol to say "mash the spacebar to free yourself before you bleed out or hit a vital nerve"), and anything that allows you to take your time, i.e. walk around and examine/interact with objects and the environment, that's when you see the modular button prompts again but in this case, you could hit a key on the keyboard to switch to a point-and-click interface that gives you access to a dropdown menu when you click something, with items of interaction based on whatever way to interact is available or unrestricted. So for example, if your character was hungry and needed to cook something on the stove, and you were in "Telltale mode" (eg. Point and click controls, you'd click the fridge and the menu would say "Open/Open then Stop halfway/Open then peek around inside" and if your character already knew what they wanted (you could type this manually), the menu would then say "Open & Take Package of (food in question)" then you click the stove and "Turn On Burner", you get the idea.

We like or no?

New Threads

Top Bottom