• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A lot has happened. I'm letting it all out. Anxious about the future - Long Post

aspieman2396

Hello everybody, long time no post.

I have been busy with school and my life, this is going to be a long post so be prepared for a long read.

Ever since my last post, I got my license, I transferred to a new school, I got my first car, I got fired from my long time job, took a temp job then found a permanent job in which I am currently at and happy with, despite some frustrations.

I reconciled with my mom then I kind of broke contact again, due to her disappointing me again, she did help me with some things, but mostly I am at peace with that situation, the pain is gone.

My dad's currently in chemo right now, I am helping him with things, and it's a lot to go through but I can say that I am taking it well.

Now, the issues that I am having: I ended my friendship with my best friend of 11 years in April:

Here's the backstory to me and him and our demise.

We met at a birthday party and we later became more acquainted and became friends in middle school. He looked out for me because people often bullied me and I did the same for him vice versa.. We got well along until sophomore year of high school when he started becoming disloyal and siding with bullies and leaving me for dead. A lot of people wanted me gone, some people tried to destroy my life and destroy my family and he wasn't there for me. After several fights, airing him out, arguments and several failed reconciliations later... We became friends again.. But this time. He told me that he found God and that he was going to church, which I thought was great until I went to one of the sessions... and then that screamed cult. I cut him off until shortly after, I found out he left the cult, and he was in a vulnerable state, I was there for him and we reconciled. We were on good terms and I transferred to his college which strengthened our friendship until this year, he joined a frat and that was all he talked about during our conversations, also he developed a habit of standing me up whenever we made plans to hang out at the last minute. I remember one night, we were supposed to work together on an assignment and then his fraternity brother came along and it basically devolved into them talking about the frat, I ran out of patience and I walked out that night. I put up with stuff like that until one night, I was talking to him about some stuff that's been going on in my life and in response, he threw a water bottle on the ground with such force that it broke the bottle and water spilled out, that was the last straw for me. I admit that I taunted him for it because I didn't like what he did and he felt that he did nothing wrong. I spoke to him sometime after and we agreed to go separate ways.

I felt depressed and guilty, because he was the only friend that I ever knew and there were mistakes on my end. He was the only best friend I knew. I'm still hurting from this, but I saw it coming, I cried a lot. I feel nothing but disgust for him now, I don't know if that's normal or not but that's how I feel now. He and a friend of his wrote me off like i was some kind of drug addict

And then there's the other issue: My stepmom of 14 years abandoned me and my dad last month.

Backstory: She went to Russia to visit family in May, No big deal, but this time it was kind of odd since my dad was undergoing Chemotherapy. But I thought nothing of it until some time early last month, I come home from work and her car was gone, she is not a person to go out late so I checked her room and no suitcase or anything, then I checked her closet and it looked like as if it got robbed, I went into shock and it took me a while to contact my father and we tried to frantically call her. My dad was suspicious about her motives and their relationship was on the rocks for a while including my relationship with her. So, two days later, my dad meets with her and she insulted him and condemned him, one thing she said that really offended me is when my dad asked her if she was going to let him die, she said "Who do you think I am?, God?"

That really set me off and she basically lost all my trust with that line. So that Sunday, we took her to the airport, we helped her, we bought her a meal at KFC and she was very arrogant and mean to me, when I gave her a hug for the final time, I couldn't look at her straight at all. That afternoon was too much, I actually had to go drive to get out of the house. I was in shock that I actually got sick with flu-like symptoms.

The likelihood of divorce is high, I spoke to everyone I knew and they all are saying not to have a relationship with her anymore and not to take her back. And I find myself agreeing, what she did was deplorable and despicable. I cannot associate with someone like that.

I go to the church that she brought me to, and it's tough for me to be in there, I actually had panic attacks and I almost cried from being in there because the person who brought me there did the exact opposite of what they preach.

I also wanted to talk about an incident in December of last year regarding me and her that kind of set the demise of our relationship. My dad was out of town to visit family or something and it was just me and her, we were talking and she asked me to clean something, I obliged and she got mad about me doing it wrong, so I told her, I got this and to relax, she thought I said shut up to her when in fact i didn't. I was trapped my room for three days as a result, no food, just water and I had to sneak chocolates that I got for christmas out of my fridge. I was planning to talk with her about that but since she did what she did, that's out the window now.

Anyways, I am ready to move on from these situations, I have been collecting DVDs and watching movies and writing scripts and ideas. I get out of the house to not be in there a lot. And I have plans to remodel my room to establish some degree of normalcy.

I finally figured one thing out, I never had a mom and this proved it.

I can go on and on, but that's what's going on with me

Thanks for reading.

- aspieman2396

Last edited:
One more thing: I don't have any interest in reconciling with my stepmom at all after what she did to my dad, to everyone here, let me ask you this question: If you got sick, and your friends/SO's/family just abandons you like nothing, would you feel some type of way?

Wow @aspieman2396 you've got a lot happening. It must be difficult. I don't recall if you said in your post above, but I hope that you're Dads treatment is going well. It sounds like your taking positive steps right now which is great.

I was trapped my room for three days as a result, no food, just water and I had to sneak chocolates that I got for christmas out of my fridge.

Do you mean your stepmother actually held you captive?

If so, that is huge. She does not have the right to do that, which I think you know. It's just that, if that's what happened and based on the way you wrote about it, you don't seem to see the gravity of the act.

Wow @aspieman2396 you've got a lot happening. It must be difficult. I don't recall if you said in your post above, but I hope that you're Dads treatment is going well. It sounds like your taking positive steps right now which is great.

Do you mean your stepmother actually held you captive?

If so, that is huge. She does not have the right to do that, which I think you know. It's just that, if that's what happened and based on the way you wrote about it, you don't seem to see the gravity of the act.
My car broke down the day before, technically, yes. And she didn't want me out after 9, I couldn't leave the house.

Ah, you mean that because you couldn't go out (because of your car) you were housebound and because you'd had a tiff with her you just stayed in your room?

If so, that's a different matter. Phew.

Still, I know it wouldn't have felt good for you though.

Ah, you mean that because you couldn't go out (because of your car) you were housebound and because you'd had a tiff with her you just stayed in your room?

If so, that's a different matter. Phew.

Still, I know it wouldn't have felt good for you though.
It wasn't.

One more thing, it's just an irrational fear, she knew me for 14 years, and I think she will try to get conservatorship to take my freedom away to spite my father. Do you know of anyone with that situation?

I knew a guy who was trapped in that, but he was mentally unstable.

I posted a new thread about finding peace. Maybe some one will post some thing that could help.

Maybe the real question here is WW007D?

This is probably no help at all. I’m trying to remember a scene where he worked thru complex interpersonal relationship challenges. I’m sure there are examples and they might have application here.

Is this an extreme reach?

Maybe the real question here is WW007D?

This is probably no help at all. I’m trying to remember a scene where he worked thru complex interpersonal relationship challenges. I’m sure there are examples and they might have application here.

Is this an extreme reach?
I had nothing else to add here - but you drew me back in with WW007D! :laughing: It took me a while to work it out but I did it (I think): What would 007 do?

...I got my license,...
What kind of license was that again...!?
full

18873.jpg

Sorry you have been dealing with so much. I don't have a lot to add, but the thing with your one-time best friend - this is why we must try to have several friends. They can be of varying degrees of depth, some very close, some casual. But if all your eggs are in one basket, and that friendship sours, it hurts a lot more than if you have other friendships to draw on.

Update: My friend found out what was going on, we are on speaking terms again and trying to work things out. We both apologized to each other.

As for my step-mom, it's permanent.

New Threads

Top Bottom