• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A Good Day

Outdated

I'm from the other end of the spectrum.
V.I.P Member
I have no idea why, but today was a good day.

I didn’t sleep at all last night, I stayed up right through so I was pretty tired. I had to go and visit a couple of government departments and I wasn’t really looking forward to that. And I needed to go shopping for some new shirts, that’s something I don’t normally enjoy either.

I stepped outside to test the weather before I left home, the net said it was only 8 degrees outside but it didn’t feel cold to me. Perfect because I hate the restriction of too many clothes, jeans and singlet was enough for me. It must have been a bit chilly because everyone else was rugged up but I didn’t feel cold at all.

While I was waiting at the bus stop in the weak warmth of the winter sunshine I just started to feel happy, no reason why. When I got off the bus I had to walk through a large shopping centre to get to the government offices I wanted, I found my step to be in time with the music they were playing and there was a spring in my step and a happy smile on my face.

When I got to the first of the government offices they weren’t open yet and there was a huge queue of people out front but this didn’t bother me. I joined the mob and started talking to people and had a great time. I had no problems with the government offices, all of my paperwork wizzed through much more quickly and easily than I expected. Then it was time to go shopping again, shirts and a KFC bacon and cheese burger.

Once again I found myself striding along to the beat of the music in the shopping centre and almost dancing to it as I walked, a happy smile on my face. There must have been a bit of a glow about me because lots of people were noticing me, several women smiled at me and a couple of them stopped and talked to me. Even the strong perfume smells didn't bother me.

After I got home I caught up on some sleep and when I woke up I’m still in a really good mood. I feel great.

The cynic in me says it’s just my thyroid gland playing up again but I don’t care, today was a good day.

Adelaide is very close to desert country and it has very dry air but we almost never get a night that drops below 5 degrees. At the moment the day time temperatures are only getting up to 15 and 20. Because of the dry air though, the heat in summer doesn't feel as hot as it does in other places, 32 is a nice day here, over 35 would tempt you to go swimming. We always expect to get at least a few days over 40 in summer but the night time temperatures will still usually drop back down to 15.

always expect to get at least a few days over 40 in summer but the night time temperatures will still usually drop back down to 15.
Same here, it's so hot in the day from 9am to 1pm with a lot of sunlight, the AC doesn't even work, but it works better at night. My computer is always 40C, while around 30C in the winter. I can't do anything without burning it.
1692789776857.png

Same here, it's so hot in the day from 9am to 1pm with a lot of sunlight, the AC doesn't even work, but it works better at night. My computer is always 40C, while around 30C in the winter. I can't do anything without burning it.
View attachment 113113
I notice in that pic that the fan isn't running.

I notice in that pic that the fan isn't running.
Also my cousins, put their brick phones on the fans, or on the keyboard, my mom has a habit of touching everything, so my computer was sideways right now, and my monitor's stand is too. She puts all the speakers on on one side.

I woke up feeling the same again this morning. Really happy, full of beans, full of energy. Don't know why.

It's just on sunrise and the day is full of so much promise.

I woke up feeling the same again this morning. Really happy, full of beans, full of energy. Don't know why.

It's just on sunrise and the day is full of so much promise.
You'll probably get over it soon ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom