• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A few things which stressed me in school

Keith

1) I would read my textbook and literature assignments but never process a single thing
2) When the professor used Power Point, I wanted to write down everything on the slides, but got upset when the slides were changed before I was done
3) I took notes, but was never able to pair them down to what was the most important for upcoming tests, etc
4) I am able to speak and read Spanish very well, but have never been able to understand anyone unless they speak slowly

I would add that it was difficult for me to know how to prioritize different subjects of study, and how long I should spend on each subject, or individual assignments. Also, I wanted to be able to investigate ideas that occurred to me when I was reading; when I was able to do so I retained all the material better, but frequently found if I did, then I did not have time to finish the assigned reading.

New Threads

Top Bottom