• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A beautiful mind

Kayla55

Can anyone comment on what illness is in this book/movie and if it's related to asd

John Forbes Nash, by all accounts, had schizophrenia, certainly was a mathematical savant, and speculating here, likely an ASD variant, as well.

I had to watch this movie alone when it came out, very closely resembled my older brother, now passed away he was an Aspie with a mental illness, along with being a genius. Very unusual combination. I really wanted my parents to watch it but they did not go to theaters. I wanted my parents to watch but they did not go to theatres.

This movie is not a realistic depiction of schizophrenia. It should not have won Best Picture. It was feel-fuzzy Oscar bait that disregarded how hard Nash really had it.

My brother had a mental disorder of some sort not sure of the label my father's cousin was the child physiatrist who diagnosed him. I'm not sure what the diagnosis was. I found the movie very cathartic even if some artistic license was used.

New Threads

Top Bottom