• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

2 shows at the local Theatre in January I'd like to see - Which 1 to go to? I can't afford both!

Which show to book for?

• George's Marvellous Medicine

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Hairspray

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Save up and book both

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

George's Marvellous Medicine is on at the Lyceum from the 27th to the 29th of January, then Hairspray is on from the 29th to the 3rd of February, I wouldn't mind seeing both but I don't think I could afford the tickets.

Trouble is I've read the book of George's Marvellous Medicine, and seen both the Hairspray movies, but not seen the Stage version of Hairspray.

Vote in the Poll and help me decide which one to go for.

This is a pretty creative way of making up your mind.
Do you find that you often actually depend on what other people think?

I don't mean that you are swayed by their reasoning.

What I mean is, do you see what other people say and then think to yourself,
well, I don't agree? So then that clarifies what you felt all along? (Or the other
direction, too, of course. "Hmm. Yes. I agree. Quite right. That's what I'll do.")

If it were me I might go see George's Marvellous Medicine because of never having seen it acted out.

Or, if George's Marvellous Medicine (GMM) was a seriously cherished story for me I might go see Hairspray, just in case the theater version of GMM was horrifically disappointing and contrary to my imagining of the story and what I thought were the most important bits. (Because I might never again be able to enjoy the original story without being reminded of the disappointing and contrary-to-my-imaginings version.)

This is a pretty creative way of making up your mind.
Do you find that you often actually depend on what other people think?

I don't mean that you are swayed by their reasoning.

What I mean is, do you see what other people say and then think to yourself,
well, I don't agree? So then that clarifies what you felt all along? (Or the other
direction, too, of course. "Hmm. Yes. I agree. Quite right. That's what I'll do.")

I am simply asking to help me decide which show to book for, as mentioned in the OP, I can't afford to book both.

Do you see?

Although I'm kind of more drawn to seeing Hairspray, as it's the only one I've not seen before apart from the me movies.

I understand what the purpose of the thread is.

What I was thinking about was.....the way your thoughts work.

I understand what the purpose of the thread is.

What I was thinking about was.....the way your thoughts work.

I'm a British Aspie in his early 40's dear, nobody will ever work out what makes me "tick" :D

I'm a British Aspie in his early 40's dear, nobody will ever work out what makes me "tick" :D

And don't you suppose that's why I inquired of you, yourself?

Or are you saying that you haven't a clue about what you do or why?

It is true that some people have no interest in analyzing their own
thoughts or behaviors.

My daughter (who has a special interest in musical theatre) didn't rate Hairspray stage show as well as the movie.

I don't think she has seen Georges MM. It is getting hard to keep track of the one she has seen. I haven't been to either.

My favourite recently was School of Rock. That was far better than the movie.

Brilliant idea mate of using the poll Rich Allen... Good thinking, I didnt even know it existed on this site, but it is a bloody brilliant tool. :)

Have a glorious and splendid week ahead mate,and I wish you merry blessings, and glad tidings indeed

I got some Christmas spending money from my Uncle today, and I get paid tomorrow all being well, so I can afford both.

Just got to send an email to my Support Manager to arrange to change the time on the days we're going.

New Threads

Top Bottom