• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

14 hours tinnitus and continuing

That's easy. But I'm not laughing. Gastroesophagial Reflux Disease. (GERD) My greatest reason for discontinuing the use of Aspertame from low calorie sugarless beverages I've ingested for years. Reflux is slowly ruining my quality of life...greatly limiting what I can eat. Or as my brother once said, "You seem to be allergic to food." :eek:

Equally disturbing to discover Aspertame can cause tinnitus as well.

Awwr :( thats gotta be tough, least your brother is helping a little :) you may think not but when you need to let out some steam he will be there :lol:

Um...I may be weird here, but isn't this a medical condition? and shouldn't you see a doctor?

I get it sometimes (mine sounds like there's a insect in my ear, this clicking click click click) but it's periodic and always goes away.

Are you guys saying this is an Aspie thing? I always thought it was a medical condition and thought if mine got worse, I'd just see a doctor...

Thanks, Judge!
I'm actually somewhat relieved! I thought it was yet another Aspie trait that was going to drive me even more nutty! LOL

So far, I only get it when I have a headache...it passes once the headache goes, but one thing that has helped is if I douse my ear with hot water while taking a shower. My doctor taught me that trick...just let hot water flow into your ear canal for awhile. That works for me, anyway.

If I ever want tinnitus all I have to do is drink mountain dew. It is the only thing that causes it for me. It became obvious one day as I was working my way through a 24 pack of mountain dew cans, the ringing would turn on after a few sips. It was regular mountain dew, probably the flavoring or some chemical in it, because other sodas are fine.

If I ever want tinnitus all I have to do is drink mountain dew. It is the only thing that causes it for me. It became obvious one day as I was working my way through a 24 pack of mountain dew cans, the ringing would turn on after a few sips. It was regular mountain dew, probably the flavoring or some chemical in it, because other sodas are fine.
I used to drink another flavor soda that came in 24 packs to make mine go away. It took more than a couple sips for it to kicked in :D
It was probably a reaction to some chemical that made it work :p
yueng.jpg

My reflux has improved just by abstaining from the artificial sweetener (Aspertame). However the tinnitus that may be associated with it still lingers...although perhaps not as bad as it was a few days ago. I'm just not sure. Hmmmm.

Basically I don't have a clue if this is going to be with me for life or if it just suddenly stops. Frustrating...:eek:

I've heard of some promising treatments recently. If you search Google, they might show up. I think one involved listening to tones.

Last edited:
Around 16:30 i had tinnitus which diddnt bother me much as i have dealt with it god knows how many times haha, but this time its becoming too much to handle as i haven't had a break from it since 14 hours ago. I don't know why it hasn't gone yet but i think its due to the volume at work. Since sunday my workplace has become too loud for me to handle, the VNA operators have been beeping between 5-17 seconds which is causing me stress and making me feel overwhelmed and tired. I have spoken to my team leader but he says they have to do it for safety reasons. I been thinking about walking out and quitting many times as its too much to deal with and puts me in states where I'm not in control anymore. But i cannot quit due to money needs. But also for hours before i got tinnitus i had my earphones in watching series on my phone which i never do but i found that internets better on my phone than using wifi. There maybe another reason that im not aware of but i need a break from the ringing in my ears as its too overwhelming, stressful and tiring. Thank you all for your time to read this and to my friends i haven't spoke to in a while, hello :) and hope your good

I have noise in my ears all the time. I'm concerned I may be losing hearing in one ear. I'll have to talk about it to my docs next time I see them. I know it can be annoying once you start paying attention to it :) but once you get used to it, you may be able to ignore it better. I don't know... in my case sometimes noise gets louder and transforms into music, but that's due to migraine, I believe. Do you have like high pitch noise, whistling or just... sort of like... white noise?

I have noise in my ears all the time. I'm concerned I may be losing hearing in one ear. I'll have to talk about it to my docs next time I see them. I know it can be annoying once you start paying attention to it :) but once you get used to it, you may be able to ignore it better. I don't know... in my case sometimes noise gets louder and transforms into music, but that's due to migraine, I believe. Do you have like high pitch noise, whistling or just... sort of like... white noise?

High pitch ringing tinnitus but its back to normal now thankfully. It isn't that annoying. But like you said when my mind is on it, it gets worse which i believe is what happened. My mind got stuck on it and it drove me mad.

High pitch ringing tinnitus but its back to normal now thankfully. It isn't that annoying. But like you said when my mind is on it, it gets worse which i believe is what happened. My mind got stuck on it and it drove me mad.

Mine hasn't let up. Thought Aspertame through sugarless drinks might have caused it. I just have a feeling I'll have to live with it. At least it doesn't happen often unless I'm pressing my head against a pillow, cushion, etc. . But yeah, it can get really annoying when trying to sleep.

New Threads

Top Bottom