• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Youtuber's gf dies on stream.

Why don't you tell us what your own thoughts are on such a thing. Which might illuminate what you are really looking for here.

Otherwise there are many avenues of discussion that could be applicable, and some that might involve moving this thread elsewhere.

A consideration of laws of various nations and societies, apart from the legal and ethical responsibilities of social media can cover a lot of ground. And whether or not mainstream media carries such stories versus a tabloid. And that while the circus has all but disappeared, now we have YouTube as a replacement. Lots of crap in the center ring, but without any sawdust.

Last edited:
Why don't you tell us what your own thoughts are on such a thing. Which might illuminate what you are really looking for here.

Otherwise there are many avenues of discussion that could be applicable, and some that might involve moving this thread elsewhere.
I don't really have any strong feelings on this topic only than I found it slightly shocking when I first saw it. That's why I wanna hear everyone else's thoughts.

@BrokenBoy

It sounds like you're saying you want to know whether your reaction is
typical/normal/within the usual or whether you are peculiarly devoid of
humane response when faced with apparent cruelty/scandal.

@BrokenBoy

It sounds like you're saying you want to know whether your reaction is
typical/normal/within the usual or whether you are peculiarly devoid of
humane response when faced with apparent cruelty/scandal.

Good point relative to this audience. But then consider the end result of global media on a 24/7 basis.

In as much as the media wants to grab us and shake us to death just to garner and maintain a target audience, the very process is slowly making us numb to it. Where even those who are entertained with Schadenfreude will slowly grow numb as well. The pleasure some derive from deliberately choosing to see or read about the pain of others.

Something I suspect is likely happening to both a Neurodiverse as well as a Neurotypical audience.

That "overkill" of this dynamic is eventually going to compromise media in general. Maybe then they'll go back to an earlier time where current events were more objectively reported. In my youth, such tabloid garbage was always restricted to the checkout counters in supermarkets that you had to pay for.

Note, the story is featured at Daily Mail Online,
a tabloid site which typically runs sensationalized
headlines. Similar to National Enquirer, as far as
sensitivity, relevance, and accuracy of content.

If you can muster a feeling of *slight shock* to this
tripe, that is all that can reasonably expected. This
isn't a publication that delves into profundity.

All I'll say is, doing bloody stupid stunts for views on Livestreams is pretty freaking dumb. In a general sense, not just this incident.

Do you know of another instance of this happening?

Hard to say.

I've sure heard of a lot of idiots putting themselves in great danger doing stupid "challenges" and whatnot (remember the Tide Pod thing? That's just one of a million of these stupid challenges), in many such stories it's a bit unclear as to exactly what the end result was. I've seen quite a few videos on Youtube that go over stuff like that. The stories can get more than a bit unpleasant at times. And occaisionally you hear of things where the person in question ended up doing something that probably should have gotten them in some major trouble. So, either real medical danger, or real legal danger, all for clicks and views.

Every idiot that does it, whatever "it" happens to be at the time, always thinks that it'll make them famous on the internet. Often something like that just ends in the emergency room. It is a level of stupid that is hard to comprehend. Or in some cases, a level of selfish... such as the one in this topic.

There was a video of him bringing her pale body inside, and from what I could stomach of it he just kind of drags her inside, shakes her a bit, and talks to the chat half the damn time. There's also a stream clip of them and some other chick arguing before while she's incredibly intoxicated. I don't know if either of these are online anymore but the whole thing is repulsive to see.

There was a video of him bringing her pale body inside, and from what I could stomach of it he just kind of drags her inside, shakes her a bit, and talks to the chat half the damn time. There's also a stream clip of them and some other chick arguing before while she's incredibly intoxicated. I don't know if either of these are online anymore but the whole thing is repulsive to see.
The video where he holds her corpse is still online. I saw moments ago and shared it with some people.

Reminds me of a movie called My Little Eye.
Snuff movies they used to be called.

From what I've seen of human nature, watching cruel endings have always been popular with a lot
of people. Public hangings, the French Revolution with the heads will roll shows, those who go to
watch criminal executions, and how about those Roman times with it in ampitheaters.
They made it like a picnic and kids playing while waiting for the hangings that were displayed
in the field downtown in my Father's young days as dipicted by photos he had.
It's all a study in human psychology.

New Threads

Top Bottom