• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who are your Fave Old or new Hollywood stars?

Andrew_Collins

What is Bramble?
images.jpeg
images-3.jpeg
images-1.jpeg

Vincent Price Jayne Mansfield and Steve Mcqueen.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    8.5 KB · Views: 81
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Somewhere in a box I have a picture of Jayne Mansfield with my cousin and her son. He was her bodyguard back in the day. I'll see if I can find it and will upload a copy. It is severely damaged, but fortunately it didn't get her. As for Steve McQueen, he's one of the best!!! Like Paul Newman, he was into motorsports. He used to race in a lot of Baja races under an alias. His movie producers were outraged, because he was risking one of their biggest stars.

Besides Steve McQueen, I like Clint Eastwood, Robert Duvall, John Wayne (all true Americans like him), Jimmy Stewart, Charlton Heston, and a bunch of others. Oh, we also can't forget Chuck Norris. I don't care much for today's wimpy girly-man types.

Wow your cousin worked with Jayne Mansfield!!!! I bet that was fun, I read she was pretty wild in the 60s I really like her she certainly packed a lot into her life. I read Steve queens autobiography and he certainly had a rough time of it, growing up, its amazing he became successful , he always went back to the boys home he grew up in and gave donations, it made me like him even more.

Also Vincent Price is such a great actor,, I love anything he has been in, He can mix comedy with darkness so well, I love peter lorrie , Terry Thomas, Bette Davis and Laurel and Hardey, too.From todays actors i like Euwan Mcgreggor, and leanardo decaprio. they are the only ones i know from modern times.

Talking of all american films , i saw an old film called "Treasure of the searra madrid" (something like that) it was a john Houston film about a group of friends who set off gold digging, but end up pulling guns on each other over the gold. Clint eastward was great in "Play misty for me" and that one were those women chop his leg off ( can't remember what it was called)

Yep, he was a CHiP officer and moon-lighted as a bodyguard. He looked the part. He later became a truck driver, started his own company, lost everything. It's an odd story. Nevertheless, it was in the 60's when he was her guard. I'll go through my pictures this weekend to see if I can find it. I'll post one of him then and one of the last time I saw him; we drove together for a short while.

The "Treasure of the Sierra Madres" was a Bogart film; an excellent classic. The Clint Eastwood movie you're thinking about is "The Beguiled." It was a strange, but good movie. He ended up dying in the end because the little girl fed him poison mushrooms.
Yep, he was a CHiP officer and moon-lighted as a bodyguard. He looked the part. He later became a truck driver, started his own company, lost everything. It's an odd story. Nevertheless, it was in the 60's when he was her guard. I'll go through my pictures this weekend to see if I can find it. I'll post one of him then and one of the last time I saw him; we drove together for a short while.

The "Treasure of the Sierra Madres" was a Bogart film; an excellent classic. The Clint Eastwood movie you're thinking about is "The Beguiled." It was a strange, but good movie. He ended up dying in the end because the little girl fed him poison mushrooms.

He sounded quite a character himself, look forward to seeing those pics of him with Jayne. ..... . Lonesome cowboy with Hoffmann and that other guy was a great film too. I forgot to mention Oliver reed, Jack Nicholson and Karen Black ( who died not long ago) also made some great films (Easty rider& The Trip)

Last edited:
Here they are. As you can see, the Mansfield image is terribly damaged. My mother was not good about taking care of things, so the image ended up in a box that got wet. I managed to peel off the other picture that was stuck to it, but it did significant damage. The man in the background is my cousin, Ken. I'm guessing he was in his late 20's. The other image is what he looked like the last time I saw him when we were in Connecticut driving a truck. He didn't age too well. Click on each to see them in full size:

View attachment 12110 View attachment 12111
Thats fantastic thanks, Thats quite something to have, pity you were not in the pic too Jayne looked really down to earth really homely person. At least it was just the back ground that got damaged. Yes your cousin was an attractive man back then, I guess we need to take care of ourselves as we age. I would put that picture in a plastic protective sheet. Thats a hollywood Icon with your cousin. What happened to him?

Yes this is off topic ( as i always do) but. About your mother not looking after your things SNAP. I treasured my records growing up, and was very particular to handle them properly and had a good collection, I dragged them around with me from pillar to post for more than 25 years, I checked on ebay that some were increasing in value. But i managed to keep all in perfect condition all that time. Then one day i asked my mother to look after them just for 6 weeks, as i was moving, she moved to a new flat too and her husband DELIBERATELY placed my boxes of records into a damp puddle in their cellar. Whilst all HIS S&%€ty records were loving put up onto a table up away off the floor. When i got them back they were all mouldy and water damaged and stuck together. I was fuming of course i got no apology whatsoever and was just expected to take it " there is no puddles in that cellar this weasel said to me :mad:.... I ended up giving them away to a charity shop as it was getting me mad. Making me think of him.

This video shows what a nice woman Jayne M really was behind the image, shed just come back from visiting the soldiers in Vietnam.

Here they are. As you can see, the Mansfield image is terribly damaged. My mother was not good about taking care of things, so the image ended up in a box that got wet. I managed to peel off the other picture that was stuck to it, but it did significant damage. The man in the background is my cousin, Ken. I'm guessing he was in his late 20's. The other image is what he looked like the last time I saw him when we were in Connecticut driving a truck. He didn't age too well. Click on each to see them in full size:

View attachment 12110 View attachment 12111
Did your cousin ever tell you what Jayne was like?

Oh, the photo stays in a protective sheet in a plastic box with the other photos. Ken had one of those personalities that controlled any room he entered, which is probably why he made a good CHiP. He used to rub elbows with some well known folks in Hollywood. Sadly, he made some very, very poor choices over the years. He went from owning his own trucking company to being a mere driver hauling household goods in a used truck. We lost contact about 25 years ago, but the last I heard is he was in prison. I don't know if the story is true (you know how family rumors are), but supposedly he and his son had some sort of scheme going where they were stealing Mercedes Benz cars and doing something with them. That was more info than I wanted, as Ken was my childhood hero.

You have my sympathies about your records. Back in the early to mid 70's, I had a huge stack of 45's; all the single hits for about ten years or so. My mother picked them all up and threw them down the hallway of our mobile home. That's the kind of person she was. To this day, forty years later, I still cannot reconcile that act of stupidity on her part. The best way I can describe her is if you have ever seen the movie "Sybil," then Sybil's mother would have been mine.

have you tried to find Ken on Facebook? I know it can be stained after a long time. No I haven't seen that film Sybil, but I've jotted it down. Ive been though the same. In the 80s I used to collect all the pop magazines ( Smash Hits, No 1, and Record Mirror), i would keep them in order under my bed, But mum came in like a bulldozer nazi and chucked them all out. I was devestated she just acted like it was her right. Now I see copies of those magazines selling for 20 dollars a piece on ebay. Also I would come home from school and she had sold my pet dog twice this happened.

Yvonne De Carlo ( better known as Lily Munster) and Elizabeth Taylor were in my opinion Extremely Beautiful women of this period. Elizabeth especially in the 1960s...I My fave film of hers was "X,Y and zee" 1971 made with Michael Cane and Susanna York, also the very weird film "Secret Cermony" from 1968.

images-1.jpeg
images.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom