• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Pretty boring stuff. I'd make sure my loved ones and me don't have to worry about money for a bit.
Buy a home, pay off my student loans, get my master's degree, get married and invest in the company my boyfriend and his mother own. Pay for an education for my sister's boyfriend as well.
Then put the rest in a savings account but still spend it way too quickly on computers and tons of food. But hopefully by the time it runs out I'll have a job that pays well ;)

If I'd won the £62 Million last night, or the £12.2 Million 4 times rollover tonight, they'd be peeling me off the Ceiling to start with!

Spending? Well I'd take all the Family on a super expensive Holiday to Disney World in Orlando (and it just so happens, WWE Wrestle Mania 33 is is Orlando in April) and then when we came back, I'd buy a nice Windows 10 PC for development and 3D modelling needs. I'd also give a nice amount to the PDSA, the Charity I work for, the rest I'd put into a trust fund for my nephew and niece, which they can't have till they're 18 (so Harvey about 9 years, Lauren was 6 yesterday so 12 years).

This thread reminds me of the movie, "Waking Ned Devine".

Winning the lottery was a bit too much for him...with his last words being "Good Lord", just after he realized he possessed the winning numbers. :eek:

Buy a new house, and a car. I used to have a car, but it died a couple of years ago and we decided not to bother getting a new one. However, I had to declare medical conditions to the DVLA, so potentially they could revoke my license. In that case, I'd buy the house and just carry on getting the bus everywhere.

It'd be nice that my husband wouldn't have to work at a job he hates anymore.

I had to declare medical conditions to the DVLA, so potentially they could revoke my license. In that case, I'd buy the house and just carry on getting the bus everywhere.
I think you should have your own private butler who will drive you around like a princess.

I kind of do, most of my carers drive, and if not them, Mum or Dad :D

If my Mum gives us a lift anywhere, she gets me to drive because she always says "oh your driving is much better than mine" (it is). My Dad drives like an old woman, so it'd be quicker to walk! Plus he has a manual car, and my licence is auto only. On the upside, as my husband is classed as blind, he has a bus pass that gets him and me ("a carer") on for free.

I would buy sprawling acreage and get a horse (probably horses!), hire a private instructor and live the horsey life-style.

But no joke - one of the guys I work with won a million dollars last week!!! And in Canada, one does not have to pay taxes on lottery winnings.

No right or wrong answers here; this is all your choice.

Imagine that you've won your respective lottery and were the only winner (we'll say the jackpot was 5,000,000 in your respective currency).

What would you do with your winnings?

Be frightened. Give all the money to my girlfriend. She would know what to do. I would keep a few hundred in cash.

If I won, I'd be tempted to buy myself my own fully functioning battle mech - which is really a thing you can actually buy: ランドウォーカー

Me too! That is really cool. How much is 36 million yen?

If I won, first I would pay off all our debts. It would really be something to be debt free. Then we would share with our children. Then I would buy a battle robot, if my wife would let me.

Last edited:
Maybe someone posted it through your door at midnight?
That happened in a Doctor Who episode - (Fast forward to 7:42)

Once somebody did buy me a lottery ticket and I won $5. I have never bought one. The math suggests to me that there is no reason if my goal is to win. I understand doing it for entertainment.

I do not understand people spending more money because they have more. My needs do not change and I don't really want anything. I would like some new furniture that matches but once I had that I would not need furniture again.

I mostly just want to be left alone and I do not need money for that. I don't think. I find money strange. I am grateful for getting the things I need but I lose interest after that.

I just watched an old episode of Kenan and Kel which I recorded last week, Kel wins $64 Million on the Illinois Turbo Lottery, but loses the ticket, which later turns up in the shopping bag of Miss Quagmire, a local Pensioner.

Hilarious episode.

All the episodes of Kenan and Kel are on YouTube.

Right now, I'd put more than the £1 I've bet on Ronnie O'Sullivan to win the snooker masters :p

New Threads

Top Bottom