• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What type of obsessions do you have?

I suppose you could say I am obsessed with fictional characters, whether it's by analyzing and expanding on ones from the media, or more recently, creating my own.

Tying into that, I am also quite interested in personifications of objects or even abstract concepts, known as "moe anthropomorphism" or "gijinka". Simply put, it's giving human forms to things that aren't human. The most mainstream example (and the one that introduced me to the concept) is Hetalia, which gives human forms to different countries.

Virtually anything can be given a human form, and I find that to be very exciting. If I think of a concept or object as a potential new character, then it becomes more interesting to me and easier to learn about.

I suppose you could say I am obsessed with fictional characters, whether it's by analyzing and expanding on ones from the media, or more recently, creating my own.

Tying into that, I am also quite interested in personifications of objects or even abstract concepts, known as "moe anthropomorphism" or "gijinka". Simply put, it's giving human forms to things that aren't human. The most mainstream example (and the one that introduced me to the concept) is Hetalia, which gives human forms to different countries.

Virtually anything can be given a human form, and I find that to be very exciting. If I think of a concept or object as a potential new character, then it becomes more interesting to me and easier to learn about.

I often find myself associating a personality to the environment I am in. When I walk along the beach, which is as much as I can, I feel like I am visiting a close friend, in the forest and at rivers the smells, colours and general feeling of a place form an image in my head of it's personality and form. There is a Maori concept of Tanawha which are protective spirits usually associated with rivers. I like to think of the personalities and forms that come to mind from the environment are the forms of the Tanawha of the area.

My obsessions are usually of the TV/film type. If it's not a show or film I'm obsessed with trying to make one. I've been working on a script for 3 years now because whatever I produce will never be good enough, I even have/had a BBC script editor wanting me to send something to them but I never did. I'm finally starting to settle with it and ending up with a draft I'm happy with but I fear it's not too late to contact them with it.

If my obsession isn't media related it's romantic, if by romantic you mean becoming obsessed with a celebrity you've never met or someone you saw randomly and think about them every day, first there's the hope stage where you're the happiest and most motivated you'll ever be, then you realise nothing will ever happen and you spend weeks/months depressed just wanting to die, then you wake up and don't care at all about them and you're happy getting on with your life. And the cycle repeats itself.

Too bad Opera lacks all the cool things that Firefox has.

~Midna
I think you might have replied to the wrong post. Also what cool things does Firefox have? Taking 3 minutes to open? I only use Firefox and the last 5 updates or so every day and just been another reason to change browser.

New Threads

Top Bottom