• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you do for a living?

I think I'm great at in without learning how to be a beaurocrat. I'm more of an activist/artist/Peer support person already and I don't want to get bogged down in an office job.
I'm much the same myself. When I was a kid I watched my father get involved with politics, at a federal level. He started off being very idealistic, but in order to be involved with a party you have to tow the party line and do what they want you to do. Over a few years they slowly turned him, until he was just another "one of them". A jaded and heartless piece of the machine with all the social graces of a lawyer. Same thing happened to Peter Garret.

SA has always been pretty innovative, and in general tends more towards settling social issues than catering to large capitalist enterprises. Funny thing is, by looking after people more so than big business, although there does need to be balance, we've kept a much more stable economy than the eastern states and during covid our economy boomed big time where as the eastern states really suffered.

I'm getting the sense that, perhaps "Autistic people broke the NDIS" as I've heard that so many of are seeking support that their wanting to make a separate support system, just for us Autists.
NDIS was doomed to failure before it was even proposed. The last 2 letters of that acronym say it all - Insurance Scheme. More like Insurance Scam. And you can bet your bottom dollar that the politicians and bureaucrats that proposed it all have investments in the insurance company involved.

SSDI is my primary income.
Not exactly proud of this.
You shouldn't feel so bad about it. There seems to be a lot more stigma associated with this in the US than there is in Australia. The first American I ever met was having a bit of a rant, he'd come to Australia on business and wasn't getting his own way.

He said "The great American dream is to own a house bigger and better than your neighbours with a big swimming pool in the back yard and still have enough money to send all your kids to college. As far as I can tell the great Australian dream is to not have to work.".

I grinned and shook his hand and told him he'd got it right. :)

Our social security department is called Centrelink.

ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,mens,fafafa ca443f4786,front,square_product,600x600.u2.jpg

Went down into basement to find Screw to hang painting have storage cabinet in front or dryer Moved container of fabric softener and liquid detergent stored on top, paint missing rust present I spent years testing dryer and washer machine paint for specifically for detergent resistance. obviously whoever took over responsibility for quality after I left dropped the ball big time Who needs planned obsolescence.

It is my first time meeting another autistic attorney, irl or online! I am still not sure how i managed to become one, and got praise to boot!

I'm NT but I have a friend who is an autistic attorney. She specializes the disability claims and sets up Special Needs Trusts for many people, including my autistic nephew. She has an excellent reputation and I often refer people to her for representation.

I'm NT but I have a friend who is an autistic attorney. She specializes the disability claims and sets up Special Needs Trusts for many people, including my autistic nephew. She has an excellent reputation and I often refer people to her for representation.
That's amazing! It is my dream as well to help other disabled people in legal matters, to become a sort of activist even.

New Threads

Top Bottom