• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Went to doctor to get AS diagnoses and she was clueless to aspergers

Donein

My husband said he wanted to see if he had aspergers. He said make me an appointment. One forum I'm on said they had Auditory Processing Disorder along with their aspergers. APD causes him not to hear his wife if there is another source of noise. They fight because he can't hear her, then blah blah blah...So my husband said , I need to get this test, because he doesn't hear me, then I ask "did you hear me, cause you didn't answer?" he says "no I didn't hear, then he says I'm a *****." This is whats been going on for 37 years.

So I tried to get a test for the APD but you have to see your primary doctor... So we go see her. She doesn't know a thing about aspergers, then she says, my son, this is the doctor talking about her son not mine,,,,, has ADHD and is out of control. We talk, she asks my husband questions, he lies his answers back. Then my husband decides he doesn't want the hearing auditory test, he wants a test for aspergers. Then the doctor says "my mother in law is bi-polar",,, I say ya know it's heridatary and did you read "the Bipolar Child"? she says no.. I tell her our son was misdiagnosed 25 years ago with ADHD and that in my opinion he is bi polar and AS. She just looks at me. Tells us we need a marriage counselor. I say "I'm not going to anyone who doesn't know about aspergers because this man has aspergers".... She said she would look into it and get back to us. We left the doctor with no order or piece of paper form of any kind.

We get back to the car. I say to my husband "we've been screwed, the doctor is clueless to aspergers",,,He freaks out and say he likes the doctor and made it quite clear that he didn't like me. He didn't get that the doctor was uninformed and not a good doctor. So he is sticking up for a person who pretty much just f'd him. This happens all the time.

30 years ago I took my son to a doctor and this exact **** happened. Nothing changes here in America.

New Threads

Top Bottom