• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Watching animals

Kayla55

Now I don't like spiders and never pick em up but a friendly one and watching how walk is fun side of autism.
Now you try Nd when you done watch this video to confirm you got it right.

Did you know most animals can swim, but spiders seem to walk/glide on water.

Share your observations of animals in this post.

Spiders and water striders have minute hairs on their legs that allow them to maintain surface tension of the water which is how they avoid sinking. But there are species of spiders that use small air bubbles trapped in strands of silk to breath underwater while hunting water bugs.

Last edited:
Now I don't like spiders and never pick em up but a friendly one and watching how walk is fun side of autism.
Now you try Nd when you done watch this video to confirm you got it right.

Did you know most animals can swim, but spiders seem to walk/glide on water.

Share your observations of animals in this post.
Something to add to my Animation Tutorials playlist, yey!

One time, I watched six ants making off with a sweet crumb from my picnic, and I have often remembered them as a simple model of human progress. One ant was on top, accomplishing nothing. There were four more, one on each side, pulling and lifting. The sixth ant was on the side toward the nest, and that extra pull made it all work out. I have since learned that about half of all ants just mlll around looking busy, so these were in the top half of their class.

I have a black beetle farm.
I like observing their behaviors.
They develop affections for certain other beetles and dislike and ignore others.
They will stay close to the one they seem to have an emotional connection with
and I've even seen them try to upright it's partner when it dies.
They sleep side by side and show affection by hugging their legs around the top
of the other's back.
They are not always a mated pair either.

They can work together in groups to accomplish a mission such as packing a piece of bread over to the water bowl.
Last year when a hurricane was coming, they gathered their cardboard cones that I keep in their cage and moved them all to the corner of the cage that the hurricane was coming from. Like making a fortress.
I watched as some pushed the cones up onto the backs of the ones who were carriers. Others pushed the cones, and some lined up along the sides of the cones, and off they went until all the cones were in the SW corner. Then they got inside.
How did they know the direction the hurricane was coming from?
How did they know a hurricane was coming?

They are not dumb bugs. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom