• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Twitter to Mastodon

rach3rd

#TwitterMigration #Mastodon

For those interested in moving off of Twitter to Mastodon, I created an online form for #Neurodivergent people so we can easily find each other. Simply add your new Mastodon address here:

https://forms.gle/i5EgVXcLUyPpWZ3c8…

You can then view the associated spreadsheet of Mastodon addresses and download a CSV file to import into your Mastodon Follow List. Since Mastodon does not let you view someone else's Follow list this is the quickest way I could figure out to follow other autistics.

I got the idea from the History form (Histodons) on the GitHub - nathanlesage/academics-on-mastodon: A list of various lists consisting of academics on Mastodon page.

If you need some help getting on Mastodon let me know in the comments.

I think it would be good if people went over to an opensource alternative. Although I have still no idea why people enjoy this type of social media platform. For me its still Youtube, forums and the instant messengers.

I cant tell if that's more or less irritating.

Still sounds pretty dumb to me, but I never did really grasp social media.
Not being controlled by mega corporations is good. For videos there is also peertube.

I was interested in alternative and niche internet platforms for a while, Usenet, IRC, message boards, pleroma, peer tube etc They are all overwhelmingly used by either techies or "anti PC" people. They aren't made for that, but that's what it always ends up being used for, and it doesn't appeal to most people.

Last edited:
Not being controlled by mega corporations is good. For videos there is also peertube.

I was interested in alternative and niche internet platforms for a while, Usenet, IRC, message boards, pleroma, peer tube etc They are all overwhelmingly used by either techies or "anti PC" people. They aren't made for that, but that's what it always ends up being used for, and it doesn't appeal to most people.

For a minute I thought "anti PC" to mean either dedicated fans of MacOS or console gamers.
Sweet bliss of ignorance.
I am working on being more of a conscientious objector to the "culture war." Unfortunately I have a longstanding Reddit reading habit & a tendency to doomscroll standing in the way.

dont let the pigeon.jpg

I'm enjoying how much more friendly and mature the conversations are over at Mastodon. People aren't automatically fighting and tearing at each other.

New Threads

Top Bottom