• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Trying to find out is my 4 year old has high functioning autism?

barryc

My name is Cathy and does anyone out there have a 4 year old with high functioning aspergers? New to the forum and I am in the process of getting my son diagnosed.

Welcome to AC you'll find lots of people to connect with and be supportive. You've come to the right place. Welcome Welcome!

Thank you for your kind words. Check out my youtube videos of Michael under 69barryc, the tag is autism. Let me know what you think, if my suspicions are right.

Although this forum aims to be supportive to people on the spectrum and their families, I would encourage you to see a professional with your concerns. No one can consult you properly online, even if there was a professional therapist or doctor that frequented here as their license would be in danger if they offered you advice outside of a real examination.

I agree with nate, only a professional can give your son a diagnosis. All we can do is give you our opinion based on our own experiences. So for example I have a 6yr old who I suspect has Asperger's (waiting to see the children's mental health team) alot of other people who I've spoken to who also have young aspie kids have said how similar our children's behaviour is, which although is very reassuring it is not a confirmation of Asperger's / HFA.

Good luck with getting a diagnosis :)

New Threads

Top Bottom