• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Travel!!

whale_bone

V.I.P Member
Where have you been? Where do you want to go?

-Been on road trips across Canada and bits of Northern US
-Lived for a few months with local families in Avignon & Normandy (France)
-Taught English to kids in Ecuador

Next summer I'm going to Spain, Portugal, & Morocco. SO EXCITED ALREADY.
I pretty much want to go everywhere but high on my list are Mongolia, Western Africa, and the Canadian Arctic.

I've always liked the idea of travel, but dislike flying...which is odd because I wanted to be a pilot/astronaut until I was in a motorcycle accident. I guess it is a control issue. I've only been to a few places in the U.S. (Orlando, Pensacola, San Diego, San Francisco, Detroit, all over Tennessee) I love to drive and will tolerate flying if no other option.

I've been wanting to travel...I like historic places like Giza, but uneasy about safety there. My top places would be: Ireland, UK, Germany, Amsterdam, Italy, Greece, and Ukraine. I've really had a urge to visit Ukraine since it was featured on Destination Truth, Transporter 2, and has a Neanderthal excavation going on there. Unfortunately, I'm out of funds and having to work a lot...so it may be a long time until I can travel. :-(

I've never left the UK before. At the moment I don't really want to, but I might change my mind. The thing is, my ears always have been quite sensitive and I'd be afraid of them popping if I went on a plane. I wanted to go on a balloon ride for my birthday last year but I was too scared of my ears popping.:(

I've been to Mexico to see chichen itza. I really want to visit Africa. Especially Ethiopia, Kenya, and Tanzania (Great rift valley runs through them). Pretty much any archaeological site, pre-history or history, I want to visit. :)

The US, England, Western Europe and Central Europe, South East Asia, India, Japan, Iceland. Bunch of island nations when I went on a cruise as a teenager. It would take too long to expand the list out to individual countries, but I've filled up almost 2 passports since 1998. And I generally hate travelling.

I've lived and worked for a year or more in Slovenia, Indonesia, Thailand, England, and of course my homeland Australia.

I've lived in various US states, Canada, and Italy; I've road-tripped across the US several times and visited France and Mexico.

I would like to visit Japan, but otherwise have very little place-specificity - I don't care a whole lot where I live or visit.

I tolerate flying but it's a bit stressful. I like road trips.

I've been in America in Utah and other places that I can't seem to remember since I was only just a kid at the time.

I've also been to france twice with my grandma just on a trip there also with my brother at the time and I actually pretty much enjoyed it, but I would have be the one translating it to her aswell as my brother since he is more fluent than me at it.

Everyone seems to get around a lot! So far I've visited: Scotland, England, Republic of Ireland, America (Kansas City & Virginia Beach) and Lanzorote. The only state in the UK that I haven't visited yet is Wales. I'm going back to England during the summer with some friends and my brother which should be fun.

Some places that I would like to visit include: Canada, America (Florida, California and New York), Australia and New Zealand.

been in all usa states and all european countries. australia. peru and galapagos. china afghanistan mongolia pakistan. morocco libya algeria egypt israel sudan kenya tanzania. might have left out a few. was planning a trip to antarctica when i was murdered by a drunk driver. would NEVER go to japan or korea. favorite place in usa.....southern utah. favorite place in europe......monaco.
africa....ngorongoro crater. australia.....ayers rock. biggest travel disappointment----tahiti, what a rip-off.....best cheap place to travel, south america. ancient sites high in the andes to the magic of the galapagos.........and of course, gort and i have traveled to various solar systems in our galaxy and made one long trip to andromeda.

I've lived in (minimum 2 months, usually for work):
Australia (born there), Malaysia, Slovenia, England, US (Washington DC), Bangkok, Indonesia, Philippines.

I've visited:
Taiwan, Hong Kong*, Singapore*, Japan, Vietnam, Cambodia, New Zealand, Fiji, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, Serbia, Hungary*, Turkey, Croatia*, Austria*, Italy*, France, Wales*, Germany*, Iceland. (* Means multuple visits.)

I'm not counting countries where I've only stopped at the airport or passed through in a train - like Korea and Bosnia.

Seriously, I'm glad I've travelled a bit. But I've never had a love of travelling or any great desire to travel.

I guess my favourites are Thailand, Hungary, Austria. So much of whether you enjoy a place depends on who you are with and where you go and how much fun you have. How good the food is makes a big difference to me.

There is nowhere in particular that I want to travel to next.

Let's see

-family holidays to Belgium (why go somewhere else when you can just stay where you are?), The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Austria, France and England.
-hitchhiking through France and Northern Spain
-some serious chillaxing in Avignon and Southern France in general.
-traveling with a nomadic tribe through the Atlas in Morocco
-citytrips to London and Paris

Places/travels I'd like to visit/do in future:

-New York! Well, the United States in general, but I have to start somewhere. It's been somewhat of a special interest of me, so it's getting on my nerves a bit that I haven't experienced it yet. Maybe this year. If not, definitely next year. We'll probably be selling the house somewhere next year, and for now the plan is to just put all my stuff in storage and utilize my temporary homelessness to get over there, buy cheap car and just drive around, from one coast to the other and back.
-South America. On horseback. Across the Andes, visit Machu Pichu and the Nazca-lines, ride through desolate high plains. Mmm. But not too likely. We'll see.
-Iceland and the Scandinavian countries in general.
-Cuba, Australia and New Zealand.

I travel extensively around the UK, for both work and pleasure.

Other countries include -
Eire
USA
Lebanon
Syria
Malta
Spain
France
Italy
Holland
Belgium
Libya
Turkey
Germany
Monaco
Syria
Grand Canaries

Until I wrote this list I thought I was quite untravelled :D

Still want to go to South America, China, NZ and Australia

I travel twice a year :) it does give me a break off of work and out the way for a while to give my head a break from everything. Its also a treat to see the famous sights and be in company with someone that has the same travel interests. Me and my nan has been to many places around the world and still got a few to go to. Its lucky that she comes with me because she handles my important details and she arranges everything. She also doesn't like crowds so if its busy we will find a quite place to get away from it. Last time we went to rome and it was too busy so it was hard to cope but least we seen everything we wanted to see. We have been to:
Italy-rome,sorrento,cupri,pompii,
Portugal-algarve albafierra
Spain-Fueterventura,landsorotte,lobos island,malgratt, collella, and more
Greece

I think we are going to cyprus next may but im not sure.

I would have loved to travel in Egypt (the pyramids), Israel (Nazareth), Turkey (Istanbul) . . . but they keep on fighting over there :(
As I adore historical artifacts I have explored parts of Rome (Forum Romanum, Vatican), Paris (Louvre, Versailles), London and many cathedrals and castles across Europe.
I once travelled in a camper van across the USA, amongst many other places I fell in love with the Arizona/New Mexico region.
Another time I took a year off and backpacked through South-East Asia (Singapore, Thailand, Nepal, Burma). Amazing time! :)

I would like to travel to the center of our galaxy, and the very center of the universe itself, and if it has one, the very end edge of it. Earth is a boring place to me, I want to see the places in the cosmos that we can never see from earth.

New Threads

Top Bottom