• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Tom

tw3

V.I.P Member
I'm 69 years old, been searching for my description my whole life. Three or four years ago I found a list of Asperger's indications of which I could identify with all but two. Then as I began to evaluate my life in light of what I was learning, I realized that it described me. I never held a job for more than three years. I missed the point of many jokes. People confound me. Ones I thought were friends weren't. I talk too much on one subject. All the usual Aspie stuff.
I've adjusted quite a bit with my wife's help. She is very social and outgoing and gives me signals when I'm going off track. I would still rather be alone than in a crowd, but I can cope for fairly long periods of time.
I am very thankful to have a wife of 44 years, 5 children, 5 grandchildren and to have lived as long as I have. I think God has been very good to me.

Hi Tom, welcome. I am 67 and have also l learned about AS in the last few years. Understanding that about myself has made many things more clear and is helping me plan the next stage of my life. I too am with a very social and outgoing spouse. I am often challenged in keeping up as usually (though not always) I do not do well in large group settings. We deal with it as you do.

Hi Tom. Me too...discovered it by accident in my late 50s.

Still learning too...and this website has been a great source of knowledge for me. Hope it can be for you as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom