• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

To get away from it all, or to heal at home?

InPrincipio

Not all those who wander are lost
So, I've only been off work for a week and a half, and my hubby has told me he thinks I should take a vacay to Florida with my sister-in-law (her condo) in November. He mentioned it again this morning over the phone. The thought of it sounds like it would be nice to be away where it would be sunnier and warmer (while November is a depressing month here in general), but I don't feel like I'm ready to go off away from home right now, or that I will be in a few weeks either. I'm off for anxiety and depression, due to working in a chaotic environment for an extended time.

I think my hubby means well, but he's likely to keep trying to convince me. What suggestions do you all have? Been there?

He is likely going to think that I'm just resisting. I just don't think I'm ready. I think I need more time to rest and recuperate. Are any of you homebodies? When you feel stressed, does the thought of getting away make you think you can put all the negative out of your mind, or would it take the whole week (only to have to come home again)? I do have kids at home still. I don't really want to stir up anything for them. One of my sons is autistic too.

Last edited:
I love Florida and have just got back from a holiday there. Whilst there are a lot of stresses in getting to and from and I feel very down when the holiday is over I always think I will go back soon and that tends to outweigh the difficulties for me. It was very sunny and humid there a couple of weeks back and temp in the 30-35C range.

If you have the opportunity for down time, make the best of it for the moment that it lasts.

So, I've only been off work for a week and a half, and my hubby has told me he thinks I should take a vacay to Florida with my sister-in-law (her condo) in November. He mentioned it again this morning over the phone. The thought of it sounds like it would be nice to be away where it would be sunnier and warmer (while November is a depressing month here in general), but I don't feel like I'm ready to go off away from home right now, or that I will be in a few weeks either. Besides, I would be just starting a claim for gov't short-term sickness benefits, and I can't leave the country without reporting it and I also wouldn't get paid. I'm off for anxiety and depression, due to working in a chaotic environment for an extended time.

I think my hubby means well, but he's likely to keep trying to convince me. What suggestions do you all have? Been there?

Meanwhile, this morning, someone from my work was texting me yet again for how-to information re my job, so I texted back what she needed. Then, the girl said a particular person wanted my number to ask me something, and I said NO. I want it to end. It got me so worked up with dread in the pit of my stomach, and my heart started thumping in my chest instantly. I don't want to compare this with the impending talk with my hubby re going to Florida for a break from here, but he is likely going to think this is a good thing and that I'm just resisting. I just don't think I'm ready. I think I need more time to rest and recuperate. Are any of you homebodies? When you feel stressed, does the thought of getting away make you think you can put all the negative out of your mind, or would it take the whole week (only to have to come home again)? I do have kids at home still. I don't really want to stir up anything for them. One of my sons is autistic too.[/QUOT E]
when you mentioned short term siness i reminded me was when I went to a disabilit
y living allowance appeals and the spies had dug up the fact that I had been

part 2 -to Australia it didn't go well at the tribunal, if you are depressed in the UK, you're not supposed to want to do anything
So, I've only been off work for a week and a half, and my hubby has told me he thinks I should take a vacay to Florida with my sister-in-law (her condo) in November. He mentioned it again this morning over the phone. The thought of it sounds like it would be nice to be away where it would be sunnier and warmer (while November is a depressing month here in general), but I don't feel like I'm ready to go off away from home right now, or that I will be in a few weeks either. Besides, I would be just starting a claim for gov't short-term sickness benefits, and I can't leave the country without reporting it and I also wouldn't get paid. I'm off for anxiety and depression, due to working in a chaotic environment for an extended time.

Meanwhile, this morning, someone from my work was texting me yet again for how-to information re my job, so I texted back what she needed. Then, the girl said a particular person wanted my number to ask me something, and I said NO. I want it to end. It got me so worked up with dread in the pit of my stomach, and my heart started thumping in my chest instantly. I don't want to compare this with the impending talk with my hubby re going to Florida for a break from here, but he is likely going to think this is a good thing and that I'm just resisting. I just don't think I'm ready. I think I need more time to rest and recuperate. Are any of you homebodies? When you feel stressed, does the thought of getting away make you think you can put all the negative out of your mind, or would it take the whole week (only to have to come home again)? I do have kids at home still. I don't really want to stir up anything for them. One of my sons is autistic too.[/QUOT to AustraliaE]
when you mentioned short term sickness it reminded me was when I went to a disabilit
y living allowance appeals and the spies had dug up the fact that I had been

I am a homebody, I know where everything is, and what I like to do. I can slouch around in comfortable clothes, I don't have to dress up for work or social events as much anymore, since I've retired. I have a trip coming up in December, and the closer I get to the date the more I'm dreading the packing, traveling, being on a plane, airports, not knowing where I am. And even navigating the roads and routes in the cities I'm going to.

Think my husband would like if I went away more, but I don't go away as often as I used to. Certain that he would like the time alone in the house, just for himself. As I do, when he goes away to visit his family.

Since you are off on stress-related leave, the lower your stress levels the better.

I am a homebody, I know where everything is, and what I like to do. I can slouch around in comfortable clothes, I don't have to dress up for work or social events as much anymore, since I've retired. I have a trip coming up in December, and the closer I get to the date the more I'm dreading the packing, traveling, being on a plane, airports, not knowing where I am. And even navigating the roads and routes in the cities I'm going to.

Think my husband would like if I went away more, but I don't go away as often as I used to. Certain that he would like the time alone in the house, just for himself. As I do, when he goes away to visit his family.

Since you are off on stress-related leave, the lower your stress levels the better.
Your post makes me feel more at ease. I think there are other things that appeal to me more than going to Florida right now. Thank you :)

New Threads

Top Bottom