• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time for me to escape daydreams and fantasies regarding my family.

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
The fantasy that one day, they might admit how wrong they were and that I really am not living with an intellectual disability or with any severe cognitive delays.

That fantasy has been a source of endless pain and disappointment for me.

Letting it go is essential so I can stop trying for impossible results.

Thank you, therapist, for pointing that out for me.

And thanks to all of you here who watched me make a fool of myself here time and time again without outright mockery.

The fantasy that one day, they might admit how wrong they were and that I really am not living with an intellectual disability or with any severe cognitive delays.

That fantasy has been a source of endless pain and disappointment for me.

Letting it go is essential so I can stop trying for impossible results.

Thank you, therapist, for pointing that out for me.

And thanks to all of you here who watched me make a fool of myself here time and time again without outright mockery.
I live with that too. That fantasy that people who mistreated us, abused us, add whatever else, will have a lobotomy, and realize they made a horrible mistake. If you really want to wait that long, you may end up dead and buried or cremated and they will continue on being jerks to others. So l suggest living large, accomplish your personal quest, wait for them to grovel at your feet, (okay maybe that was extreme). Just wait for them to call you, and then realized you freed yourself from their endless amount of BS that you would never amount to anything. I am a walking example of that. I have had so many people mistake my innocent looks for being a bimbo, that l know now, it's protected me, because people show me a predatory side immediately by misjudging me instead of keeping it more under wraps.

I've certainly been there, too. It took a long time to see certain relatives have hated me forever, no matter what they said or pretended. Keep going. You're doing great.

New Threads

Top Bottom